• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Why Did Aang hesitated to do the right thing? and about avatarstate?

In the comics, Aang...

Didn't kill zuko, but the avater was almost about to (If it weren't for Katara who stopped Aang). Why did he hesitated and didn't block his firebending energy bend Zuko's bending instead?And during their ensued conflict, why did he enter the avatarstate? Was he just blindly compiling with zuko's promise to end his life without thinking of the consequences that goes against his pacifists believes and mentality? Or did he subconsciously enter the avatarstate and still haven't master the control on free will command/

xNuminousx

Why did he hesitated
Well from what I recall from the comics, Aang was against killing Zuko where Roku wanted Aang to kill Zuko. I'm sure he hesitated because Aang has always believed in talking things out first rather than resorting to violence.

and didn't block his firebending energy bend Zuko's bending instead?
This is so confusing.... Reword?

why did he enter the avatarstate?
It's been awhile since I've read them so bear with me. I can only assume it was from intense emotion. Although Aang had learned to enter the Avatar State at will, I think his emotions still got the best of him sometimes. He was still fairly new to (I believe it'd only been a year at this point in the books, can't remember). And maybe some of it maybe had been Roku trying to take over (Can't remember if Aang had cut Roku off at this point or not). My memory is a bit foggy with the comics at this point.

Was he just blindly compiling with zuko's promise to end his life
Well Aang did get lectured by Roku about what he should do. He was battling a difference in opinions literally within himself. I think he saw both sides of the problem equally.

^ You should put that in spoiler, because well... It is SPOILERS. People might accidently see it If they open this thread up unintentionally .

This is so confusing.... Reword?
firebending through energy bending****

Well Aang did get lectured by Roku about what he should do. He was battling a difference in opinions literally within himself. I think he saw both sides of the problem equally.
Oh yeah. That might be the factor that push him on the edge to do the horrific attempt without thinking through cleary.