• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Swim through a Waterspout

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
For convient sakes, I think chi's should get an upper land when let's say a waterbender is camping on a waterspout. It's impossible to strike a waterbender If they're very high (especally annoying during full moon, as the limit gets exceeds a small bit), as once you start climbing their spout, they move away thus pushing you from the vortex.

Simple suggestion: allow chi blockers to "grasp" on a spout, or just allow any non-chi player to do that, so they don't fall from it after the rider soars away. I was kinda pissed off, since I felt like almost winning against a waterbender on a snowy biome (snow blocks aren't bendable and no other sources apart from the bottles), with her having a few hearts, where I was almost about to land a final punch, but then BOOM - She's levitates away! Tried using the only distant ability that's provide to chi blockers, but as you expected: smokescreen doesn't do to any avail of rendering a spouter handicapped.

...Or at least a time duration in seconds for waterspout before it deactives would be nice.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I see where you're coming from and all, because it is really tedious and annoying, but I don't agree. You shouldn't be able to "grasp" on to water and not being able to be knocked off. I think the normal, minecraft water physics work just fine. It's annoying yes, but it's just one of those things, ya know? It's something that balances it out, in my opinion. Every element has their modes of escape and everything, waterspout allows the waterbender to stay away from the chi blocker. A water spout doesn't give the waterbender that much of an upper hand or unfair advantage really. Yea, they can stay up there and shoot you with out having to take damage from you (The chi blocker), but simple solution is to get out of their range. That's the downside to WaterSpout, it must stay on either Water or Snow, get out of their range and if they REALLY wanna fight you, they'll come down. If not, then wait for an opening.

If I'm not explaining myself clearly then I'll say No because it's unrealistic and leave it at that. There is a height restriction to Water Spout, you could ask the server administrators/developers/owners to change that if you would like.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I see where you're coming from and all, because it is really tedious and annoying, but I don't agree. You shouldn't be able to "grasp" on to water and not being able to be knocked off. I think the normal, minecraft water physics work just fine. It's annoying yes, but it's just one of those things, ya know? It's something that balances it out, in my opinion. Every element has their modes of escape and everything, waterspout allows the waterbender to stay away from the chi blocker. A water spout doesn't give the waterbender that much of an upper hand or unfair advantage really. Yea, they can stay up there and shoot you with out having to take damage from you (The chi blocker), but simple solution is to get out of their range. That's the downside to WaterSpout, it must stay on either Water or Snow, get out of their range and if they REALLY wanna fight you, they'll come down. If not, then wait for an opening.

If I'm not explaining myself clearly then I'll say No because it's unrealistic and leave it at that. There is a height restriction to Water Spout, you could ask the server administrators/developers/owners to change that if you would like.
Couldn't have said it better myself, thank you for explaining before I could, but just to add on to what you have said, the problem with giving a chi blocker an edge on waterspout is the same problem as giving waterbenders more mobility on land, it gets op, its worse when you give the waterbender the ability to flee anywhere he wants regardless of the amount of water nearby. (And yes I am aware there are problems with plant sourcing but we know that)

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.