• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterBubble and Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Use waterbubble on ice or snow to open up a hole in there by tapping sneak. It will be the size of a waterbubble's radius. Then hold sneak to start sealing it slowly. Anyone in the hole will be crushed, blocks will just replace the upcoming snow block: after the ravine closes.

ETA: Title updated from "Frozen Crevice". Long story short: waterbubble should affect snowblocks as well.

Canon: When Korra's uncle dropped her by splitting the ground below her, then closing it afterwards with the intent of killing her.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That's BS. If his bending enhanced, I would then have seen his eyes glow. That's why we shouldn't take everything for granted when reading only the wiki claims it.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Weird, considering their wasn't the "glow" in Unalaq, but probably the animators or creators forgot to add it. Though, maybe it would be possible for non-avatar, cuz maybe there's a different between the earth mix with water vs ice?

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Weird, considering their wasn't the "glow" in Unalaq, but probably the animators or creators forgot to add it. Though, maybe it would be possible for non-avatar, cuz maybe there's a different between the earth mix with water vs ice?

Irregardless, this seems more fitting for Earth's style. This seems pretty out there as it is, and that's a lot of ice to bend.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm just thinking this could be applied to both of these elements, similar to how spout tchniques are incorporated in a same way.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I'm just thinking this could be applied to both of these elements, similar to how spout tchniques are incorporated in a same way.
Spouting were both fundamental parts of the bending and added something new to the plugin (Even though both were original parts of the plugin).
Frozen Crevice is just splitting the ground apart. It's just another attack. While yes, it is better and more creative than something like WaterBlade, it isn't an exception to higher standards.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Ok comparision.

Spouting wasn't really knew. You could airblast, but you're right with the regards of waterbending. Same goes for crevice: while you do have damaging abilities such as earthblast&watermanipulation, but there really isn't such one that allows to manipulate the terrain to diversive level (which both elements really are lacking in right now, especally waterbending).

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Spouting wasn't really knew. You could airblast.
Spouting was new at the time because it was it's own feature. You can't exactly airblast out of water so easily, nor can you really mine in the air with airblast.
Same goes for crevice: while you do have damaging abilities such as earthblast&watermanipulation, but there really isn't such one that allows to manipulate the terrain to diversive level (which both elements really are lacking in right now, especally waterbending).
The way how you're manipulating the ground is very particular however. It's not something like phase change and like I said, ripping apart the ground, which is what this move does, isn't something that water is very well known for. It seems like a random feature to add.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Spouting was new at the time because it was it's own feature. You can't exactly airblast out of water so easily, nor can you really mine in the air with airblast.

The way how you're manipulating the ground is very particular however. It's not something like phase change and like I said, ripping apart the ground, which is what this move does, isn't something that water is very well known for. It seems like a random feature to add.
I guess. Although, I could change the original post about "waterbubble working on snow". Then it wouldn't sound random and without the whole new animation which makes odd that appear of nowhere (to clarify, the thing where I said "it will slowly start to close in the target".

Status
Not open for further replies.