• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterSpout Upgrade

Should waterspout be changed?

• Yes, I like the vortex idea.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No, I like how waterspout already looks.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCheung12

Verified Member
The move waterspout allows Waterbenders to propel themselves up with a VORTEX of water. See how I made vortex caps? Right now, waterspout only looks like a column of water propelling you up, not a vortex of water. If waterspout could be changed so that it looks like a spinning vortex or whirlpool, it would look much cooler than a measly straight column of water under your feet. Thanks!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't really care about it. It keeps the Minecraft aspect in the plugin. Straight and blocky :p

jedk1

Hmm I can see your point here but as point of view from a server owner, id be concerned by the lag that would be caused by this, the constant setting and reverting of blocks might cause a bit of lag on servers.

MCheung12

Verified Member
Hmm I can see your point here but as point of view from a server owner, id be concerned by the lag that would be caused by this, the constant setting and reverting of blocks might cause a bit of lag on servers.
That is very true, but it would look really cool

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Orion made something of this sort. The original spout was there, but a 1 block spiral around the spout gave it a larger look and looked like a vortex.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The main problem with Orion's special modifications to his plugin for his server is that he actually re-coded bukkit to allow for some of his changes.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
We would have to distribute a modified version of bukkit afaik, which is currently illegal.

Majorite

Verified Member
This suggestion would cause extreme lag. It is not practical as WaterSpout works fine as it is. Therefore, this is denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.