• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

ProjectKorra Youtube channel content suggestions!

ernest9

Hi everyone!

We would like to ask if you guys had any suggestions on content you would like to see on the "ProjectKorra Youtube channel".

Remember, as long as a suggestion seems valid and could bring something positive, you should write it down there and we'll take a look at it!

Thank you very much, your contributions are really appreciated!

Showcasing or a just one "behind the scenes of pk" in where we see one of you guys fixing bugs or implanting a feature that were mentioned from trello (not asking for top secret leaked stuff). With commentary it would be awesome if possible., with off-topic personal discussions if the dev wishes to share or just relevant what is on the screen

ernest9

@Meskenas-Chi_Blokeris I like the idea of Q&A's but the "live" part will be difficult. You see, not everyone lives in the same timezone meaning that it will be hard to group up the majority of the Staff team.

About the "behind the scenes of PK" i'm not exactly sure, i mean... it would be fun... but just "showing" someone correcting a bug or implementing a new feature wouldn't make much sense in a video, it would just be text xD

Thank you for your suggestions though, they are really appreciated!

ernest9

@Meskenas-Chi_Blokeris Sure it's not a bad idea, but I mean, someone just fixing a piece of code and putting it on a video doesn't seem like the "best" thing.

But, I completely agree with the fact we should have developers appear in some videos.

But why not? You're not being descriptive.

There is pretty much enough content of youtube that I don't really pk's youtube priority or be mainly focus on bending gameplay combat, because I think there's enough of it already in other channels.

@Meskenas-Chi_Blokeris I like the idea of Q&A's but the "live" part will be difficult. You see, not everyone lives in the same timezone meaning that it will be hard to group up the majority of the Staff team.
One word: schedules-- they can simple schedule their lives each own. I wasn't for all the staff members to gather around, but I'm a few could do just do it if they have time for it.

paliate

But why not? You're not being descriptive.

There is pretty much enough content of youtube that I don't really pk's youtube priority or be mainly focus on bending gameplay combat, because I think there's enough of it already in other channels.

One word: schedules-- they can simple schedule their lives each own. I wasn't for all the staff members to gather around, but I'm a few could do just do it if they have time for it.
I agree with ernest, coding videos aren't exactly the most fun for people to watch.
It'd just be a long video of lettering, most of which people probably won't understand or need to know.

Actual videos in Minecraft are a lot more interesting visually in comparison.

But it is to those people who enjoy watching that AND it would help them with their java/bukkit programming start courses. Aren't what most of the team thought of? To help in someway more better in teaching to others the pk api in depth in general with coding stuff.

In youtube, right now you can find plenty of "Xx_bob69 vs nastyslutchichk833o: bending fight" on youtube. In my opinion, this shouldn't be focusing on that and too much about it (don't confuse it with new feature leaks).

xNuminousx

Instead of just showing us a video of someone developing a move or bug fixing, just have a developer display what's in store. Like what's ALREADY been worked on. Like: "Welcome to the Project Korra YouTube channel, today I'm going to show you some of what to expect next in the new Project Korra (Core) update!" Something like that. It's behind the scenes and it's something a lot of people are itching to know. PLUS it will be a video so it's something they can watch and see rather than something they read about. They can even acknowledge some bugs so that there is another way to let us know what is being fixed. Like they SHOW us the issue then they DESCRIBE how it'll be fix. There's different ways to show BTS action. And if you want to do coding on the channel then have it like a discussion video where the Concept Designs speak in the background about what they want to do in the future and the actual screen is of someone coding. Or something of the sorts. Just some ideas.

And if you want to do coding on the channel then have it like a discussion video where the Concept Designs speak in the background about what they want to do in the future and the actual screen is of someone coding. Or something of the sorts. Just some ideas.
Pretty muuch what I had in my hand - DEVELOPER explaining what that and the other means in the written code, and how do that, where to put that and ect. Like Jedk1 tutorials and Finn left pk for good, highly unlikely they gonna more of that, and sooner or later those tutorials gonna be drastically outdated and irrelevant. PK fans might disappointment of some changes or direction the pk goes accordingly to their opposite view, and surely - they swould want to change or add something that's missing and how they gonna do that if not withoute tutorials? Yeah they could ask on the forums, but I say it would better off that it would be in a video form. Easy too navigate and understand since it is put on a screen directly by eclipse, people will pick up the stuff quickly from your channel.

Of ourse my idea shouldn't be the main priority, but I think it should be at least put into consideration or a thought. If you guys post many types of videos, and not just the "here's a white page with gibberish put on the screen", than all fans of pk will have the chose to watchever the content they want from your channel or nothing at all if they don't find anything useful on there. Analogy to like watching a tv.

Last edited:

ernest9

This is not a bad idea! I'll take it into consideration.
Sadly, this will not be the main priority since the Developers have a lot of things to do currently so don't expect it right away.

This is not a bad idea! I'll take it into consideration.
Sadly, this will not be the main priority since the Developers have a lot of things to do currently so don't expect it right away.
Do what exact ideas you want to hear that will be priority? You pretty much made the thread asking what should be done, so listing the things you already have stored for us, it would make it easier to what if
deas you didn't thought of and expected to hear.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt