• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied air sound blast

should this be added

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkael

Verified Member
element: air
move: sound blast
move description: this move would be charged up by holding shift. and when you release it, its just like air burst in the way that it blasts out. when it hits something it would deal a bit of damage, nausea, blindness, and slowness as if they were hit with a sound blast.

please tell me what you think.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I've rarely seen sound bending in the show but I definitely have. It was never used offensively, but I kind of like this idea if perhaps it were less over-powered or had a different effect.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
Sound bending was a fan made concept for an air subtype and is in no way, shape, or form a cannon Sub-Bending skill.

jedk1

i could see this working actually, you hit the player with an airblast-esque move, but it instead spams loads of noises at the player, which would then prevent them from hearing players sneaking up on them. i say it would be a good idea.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Sound bending was a fan made concept for an air subtype and is in no way, shape, or form a cannon Sub-Bending skill.
Actually it does. That's exactly how (for example) an ocarina works. It cuts wind actually, which makes a high noise.

V

Vidcom

Aang used it to amplify the range of both his voice and bison whistle.
That was more him using just normal airbending to make more air go through the thing that made sound via air passing through. It's not soundbending since he's not changing or creating any sound himself, he's just using airbending so as to make a sound. No whistle, no sound. As for voice, it carries further :p

Gahshunk

Verified Member
That was more him using just normal airbending to make more air go through the thing that made sound via air passing through. It's not soundbending since he's not changing or creating any sound himself, he's just using airbending so as to make a sound. No whistle, no sound. As for voice, it carries further :p

Sir. What you said applies to every sub-element. You don't bend the plant, you bend the water in it. You don't bend the blood, you bend the water composition within a body... and don't get me started on people that use the word 'icebending'.

Last edited:
V

Vidcom

Sir. What you said applies to every sub-element. You don't bend the plant, you bend the water in it. You don't bend the blood, you bend the water composition within a body... and don't get me started on people that use the word 'icebending'.
Icebending refers more to a style, but the point here is that in plantbending, while you bend the water alone, you bend the entire plant as a result, same for blood. With this, it's just air being passed through and straight out the other side

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm gonna have to side with @Vidcom here, bending the trace amounts of your element to manipulate something else is different from just pushing your element through things.

Majorite

Verified Member
This suggestion is denied because of the lack of details. There was another suggestion with a greatly similar idea with more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.