• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New water combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Thought it would pretty op, considering its size makes it a huge hitbox once clicked.At least (like in the other suggestion I linked too), make it the aim inaccurate, like needing to click on ground with the victim being in front, so that it doesn't be SUPER easy to click&damage as if launched like surge.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Thought it would pretty op, considering its size makes it a huge hitbox once clicked.At least (like in the other suggestion I linked too), make it the aim inaccurate, like needing to click on ground with the victim being in front, so that it doesn't be SUPER easy to click&damage as if launched like surge.
Well it's gone be a 2x2 stream and the ice one will probably only be 1 block thick so the hit box isn't as big as surge. But what do you suggest would be an original way to nerf it

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like how everybody ignores the fact that torrents ice sphere can be used as a shield.

Another point I would like to make is, we add this move, what use will it bring, it would only unbalance waterbending.

Here is a fictional scenario with a waterbender fighting an earthbender.

The waterbender uses this move to completely cover the ground in ice, as well as damage the earthbender, the earthbender is semi frozen and while he trys to get to some earth, he is torrented into the water. He is then spammed with a flurry of attacks, while managing to catapult out, but sadly he is dragged back into the water by the same combo that the waterbender used. And is down to 1 heart. The waterbender hits him once with manip and he dies. The earthbender never stood a chance.

I have other scenarios if this one doesn't convince you

NickC1211

Verified Member
I like how everybody ignores the fact that torrents ice sphere can be used as a shield.

Another point I would like to make is, we add this move, what use will it bring, it would only unbalance waterbending.

Here is a fictional scenario with a waterbender fighting an earthbender.

The waterbender uses this move to completely cover the ground in ice, as well as damage the earthbender, the earthbender is semi frozen and while he trys to get to some earth, he is torrented into the water. He is then spammed with a flurry of attacks, while managing to catapult out, but sadly he is dragged back into the water by the same combo that the waterbender used. And is down to 1 heart. The waterbender hits him once with manip and he dies. The earthbender never stood a chance.

I have other scenarios if this one doesn't convince you
Would love to hear the other scenario but let me tell you why that one is inaccurate. The combo doesn't cover the ground with ice it's literally like a 1 block wide 2 height wall of ice. Also I'm thinking of making it like water flow where if you get hit it disengages. Also it's pretty much the same thing as an earthbender using earth grab then lava flow trust me earthbenders aren't defenseless. And last but not least did I not say the torrent stream itself can't be used as a shield.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Having mix feelings to this.

The Advantage this attack has with the size (2x2 - big hitbox), but then again its small so it won't make much difference. Disadvantage, potential in torrent way. Water reusement is comming, so there will be no need for the shield part exclusively to this combo. Although this will be picking up and grabbing people, (not sure) but torrent does the same. Just use surge overall (none of the waterbenders would want to send their enemies away by dealing damage and pushing them away from you).

I always use that instead of Surge Sneak.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Having mix feelings to this.

The Advantage this attack has with the size (2x2 - big hitbox), but then again its small so it won't make much difference. Disadvantage, potential in torrent way. Water reusement is comming, so there will be no need for the shield part exclusively to this combo. Although this will be picking up and grabbing people, (not sure) but torrent does the same. Just use surge overall (none of the waterbenders would want to send their enemies away by dealing damage and pushing them away from you).

I always use that instead of Surge Sneak.
It doesn't pick ppl up but if you shoot it and someone gets caught in it they will get dragged along. Also I use it too but I was referring to the stream itself. Plus who knows at this rate 1.9 with the water reusement might not even be out until christmas or later.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It doesn't pick ppl up but if you shoot it and someone gets caught in it they will get dragged along. Also I use it too but I was referring to the stream itself. Plus who knows at this rate 1.9 with the water reusement might not even be out until christmas or later.
That's why you used torrent. Well, if they gonna make the "water reusement" in christmass, they could start working on this combo after that. Besides, it wouldn't take much work to apply this concept to two things (surge and waterrush).

Status
Not open for further replies.