• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earthbenders landing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Instead of turning every earth block to sand where the feet dive in, the following blocks in this list should change into the following:
  • Stone >> Gravel
  • Hardened Clay >> Clay
  • Ore >> Gravel
  • Grass >> Dirt
  • Corresponding SandStone, Chiseled and Smooth >> corresponding sand
  • Mycelium >> Mycelium
  • Netherrack >> Sandstone
And for other possible blocks that presumably will be added into the list in the future:
  • Path >> Dirt
  • Magma > Stone
  • Lava >> Obsidian (Wondering why this still isn't a thing of now?)
Blocks that are turned into will stay the same. Blocks that aren't in the list by default will change either into stone or like how currently - into sand. Personally, I don't think there are other realistic ways to turn iron, gold (which is strangely enough for me to even see it in the metalbendable list) ,and quartz into any blocks, so I think metalbenders should be limited in taking fall damage on their type of blocks.

@FearlessPie121

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Then Stone? It would only work when you wall from a certain height, like no less than 3 or 5 blocks.

Overall, do you think this aesthetic should exist?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Same how does every block change into sand. What's there not to get?
I actually I know where you going with that, as the trigger in-game for those block could be activated after landing on that particular block.

In minecraft sense: So for lava, the plugin will change at what height the player falls away from the lava. Once the player passes that height and the check is done, the lava will turn into stone right before the player falls in that area.
In irl sense: the bender will thrust his/her hands downward to cool the lava down back to earth

Green

Verified Member
Just change it to magma so it is not op because they would have to shift to not burn and die, but it saved them... May be its should be like the frost walker effect for lava when you shift. Like a new passive! :eek:

New lava passive:

When shifting near/while falling, all lava in a 4 by 4 sphere around you will become the magma block!! You can change it in the config to turn back when you get 12 blocks away or something.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But lavabenders aren't immune to heat. What prevents from being scorched by the magma? Also, please don't suggest other new passive techniques in here. Thanks

Green

Verified Member
But lavabenders aren't immune to heat. What prevents from being scorched by the magma? Also, please don't suggest other new passive techniques in here. Thanks
Um excuse you. If you shift on lave it doesn't burn you..... I said you had to shift...... Don't be rude I'm going to make my own thread!

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Same how does every block change into sand. What's there not to get?
I actually I know where you going with that, as the trigger in-game for those block could be activated after landing on that particular block.

In minecraft sense: So for lava, the plugin will change at what height the player falls away from the lava. Once the player passes that height and the check is done, the lava will turn into stone right before the player falls in that area.
In irl sense: the bender will thrust his/her hands downward to cool the lava down back to earth
Currently, nothing happens to lava if you fall onto it.. It doesn't make sense for it to suddenly turn into stone when you're falling.. It'd be better if it were some sort of actual action to make this activate, not just falling.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
1. Then make it when the bender falls from 40 blocks but in time for it to solidify before the bender before landing.
2. With that in mind, falling on something solid should also have to be "some sort of action to make this activate, not just falling".

Green

Verified Member
That's supposed to say magma* so stop being so rude to me. If you shift on magma you don't get burned....

Green

Verified Member
OK I JUST LOOKED AT MY OTHER POST. GO INTO MINECRAFT RIGHT NOW FIND MAGMA AND SHIFT ON IT. YOU DONT GET BURNED!!! God you should know what your talking about before you argue.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think it would be better if it was more of a Netherrack >> Soul Sand.
That what I was meant to write, lol. Silly typo I ever done.
OK I JUST LOOKED AT MY OTHER POST. GO INTO MINECRAFT RIGHT NOW FIND MAGMA AND SHIFT ON IT. YOU DONT GET BURNED!!! God you should know what your talking about before you argue.
I forgot that was a vanilla game thing, so sorry about that. Although, I do not believe that you cannot get immunity from it while your directly falling above it and shifting in mid-air (speculation by the way how sneak prevents from falling over the edge). I haven't tested that, but I'm gonna go do that so I could confirm If I'm right or not.

Updated: Apparently, I was wrong. You do take damage, either when you jump from a cliff crouched or falling in general with crouch.
That's supposed to say magma* so stop being so rude to me. If you shift on magma you don't get burned....
Why are you accusing me of being rude? Do you know what the definition of rude means?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.