• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied (Air) Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Element: Air

Move Name: Cyclone

Move Type: Offensive / Defensive / Combo

Combination: AirShield (Tap Sneak) -> AirSpout (Tap Sneak) -> Tornado (Hold Sneak)

Cooldown: 6 Seconds

Description: Cyclone would be an empowered airspout. This airspout would force the user to be stationary. This means that the person wouldn't be able to move horizontally at all. However, they could move vertically, but only upwards. Now what this empowered airspout would do is a few things. First of all, the airspout can't be cut or dissipated at. Only the user could stop this airspout, and that would be by letting go of sneak and having the cooldown kick in. Second of all, the base airspout would extend to about 3x3 blocks wide. Third of all, this airspout would pulsate rings of powerful air, with there being a 2 block verticle break between the rings. Finally, Cyclone would nullify any basic attack (Fireblast, EarthBlast, WaterManip, etc.) Essentially, it'd look like this.

The rings would do 1 heart if they hit you, and do a good amount of knockback, along with the potential to do minor wall damage

Canon:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It's not that hard to hold crouch either, but I get your point. Suggestions, that I'm surprise up to this day, lack on of creative new control triggers - no diversity, which makes the experience null. Hearing all the time "Left click" and "shift" keys for every requesting ability just makes the bending yourself an easy dull task.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Icebullet might be removed anyway, but I should put that aside because I don't have 100% confirmation from a staff member, so I can't argue with that.

paliate

Verified Member
theres nothing really to debate, it's canon and it's doable.
it would have a use and wouldn't be put on the back-burner in pvp or pve.
it would be perfect for air since spout has been for the most part useless.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Spinning in MC just seems a bit... childish. It's not that hard to spin, and I don't see a reason for it. It's a good idea, but I'm not 100% for it.
Maybe the vortext should force the user to spin around, giving it a minor drawback that it may disorentate them.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just because something is canon doesn't mean it should be implemented. For example, being able to bend ones energy is canon, it won't be implemented due to obvious reasons.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well you can't do damage, block moves, or look around with Tornado. I can arguably say that IceBullet can be done by spamming icespike. This would give more use for spout in general.
XD Thats funny, You can block moves with tornado, its just how skillfull you are.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Just because something is canon doesn't mean it should be implemented. For example, being able to bend ones energy is canon, it won't be implemented due to obvious reasons.
What's wrong with energy bend? Yeah, the avatar can over-abuse players with it, but with a decent a cooldown and making it's effect temporal (like chi blocked, but longer), it might turn out to be a cool feature. (Well not like chi blocking, but of a similar kind, so that it turn out to be same thing).

Back-to-the Topic: Making a combo is a good choice, since it is a technique with the combination of the pre-existing abilities. Like you said, I agree that it should deal a good amount of knockback when enemies go to close to the spinning vortex. Better than this vague suggestion: http://projectkorra.com/threads/airspout-addons.1431/ (not trying to promote it or anything...).

BTW, do you see the spiraling animation in the gif? I'm thinking, like waterspout, it could be added to the airspout's and cyclone vortext.

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What's wrong with energy bend? Yeah, the avatar can over-abuse players with it, but with a decent a cooldown and making it's effect temporal (like chi blocked, but longer), it might turn out to be a cool feature. (Well not like chi blocking, but of a similar kind, so that it turn out to be same thing).
Sorry, I should have used a better example such as Amon's Bloodbending Bending Removal technique

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I would suggest the same as I suggested for EnergyBending - increase the cooldown and the duration for when the effect wears off.

While I find Cyclone I mixture of all the abilities, I do like the technique. With my idea of the vortex forcing the players to spin (I do feel like it needs some sort of a big drawback), it could also throw away metal cable users that attach their stringers on the spinning airbender (seen in the gif).

Kess

Verified Member
omg devs please make this my airbenders on my server are begging for more airbender moves this would be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.