• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water manipulation add on

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

Verified Member
WaterManipulation

As of right now you shift at the water then click at a target or space and a blast of water goes there. I think that this is pretty basic for a move called "water manipulation" so I think some more things should be added to it.

Moves:
1) Waterwhip - if you've seen the show you know this basic water move so it only seems right that it go with the most basic move of all. It could be [click then hold shift to grab the water then release shift to shoot it, and shift again to bring it back to you]. This should do the same damage as a regular water manipulation but have a pull factor.

2) Stream - this is another basic move I think should be apart of water manipulation. It could work like [hold shift for a second or two to charge, then when you see water particles raise your mouse to control a small amount of water. Maybe it could be like the longer you shift the more water you can control], because let's be real water needs another charge move. The biggest amount of water you can grab would be about the size of (I hope you know what this combo is) watersmash. There would be about 3 main sizes which are Block, Stream, and Ball.

Both of these add ons would be compatible with bottles. For the stream it should only be about one block or longer if you have multiple bottles.

Thank you for reading sorry it was so long I really hope this gets implemented :D

Last edited:

NickC1211

Verified Member
That's one of the huge problems I have no offense to you but people are always trying to find a move similar to a new one. If you do that you can't move forward because your stuck on what you already have.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It would be a waste a time for developers to focus on making a worthless ability that isn't unique from the other one's and being a rip off from another ability. The Projectile part of it could also be fused into the Surge ability as well, allowing a waterbender to change their defense mode (shield) into offense (wave) by reusing its construct.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I agree that it is similar so maybe I could take off the offense defense mechanic so it's just utility

NickC1211

Verified Member
Perhaps placing blocks but idk because that has been suggested on endless occasions. Or maybe just to be able to move the water around for aesthetic.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I would have shared the idea of it pushing entities to what you swing at, but that's also suggested by Taiko the Waterbender. Not trying to discourage your idea, but I don't see other use for it.

WaterWhip seems ok to me, as it reminds me when Aang used it to counter Azula's attacks.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I would have shared the idea of it pushing entities to what you swing at, but that's also suggested by Taiko the Waterbender. Not trying to discourage your idea, but I don't see other use for it.

WaterWhip seems ok to me, as it reminds me when Aang used it to counter Azula's attacks.
Maybe ill just stick with water whip but I kinda wanted it to have more than one

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Possibly a particle thin shaped whip (talking about the one, which was used by Katara to smack Pakku from his back), that is sustained like waterarms. With it, upon clicking at a opponent will inflict one whip at her, that deals 0.5 heart. It can hit anyone in unlimited tries (for balance, duration would make up for the ability's limit). Those who inflict the damage to the person that wields it meanwhile, the construct will get nulified.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
The Stream will be a rip off from Surge.
Um... how is that?
Perhaps placing blocks but idk because that has been suggested on endless occasions. Or maybe just to be able to move the water around for aesthetic.
I was thinking that your idea of stream could be moving a ball of water around with a water bender that allows them to source from it. I personally find it that when any type of bender gets you away from water it is extremely annoying, this could change that. The sourcing of this could be pretty long ranged (configurable). But this would have a slightly long cooldown and would not last forever, it would last either until you use all of the water or the duration runs out. Then again this could also be a combo.
Possibly a particle thin shaped whip (talking about the one, which was used by Katara to smack Pakku from his back), that is sustained like waterarms. With it, upon clicking at a opponent will inflict one whip at her, that deals 0.5 heart. It can hit anyone in unlimited tries (for balance, duration would make up for the ability's limit). Those who inflict the damage to the person that wields it meanwhile, the construct will get nulified.
That is just extremely annoying, being able to constantly do knockback and attack but they're only doing half a heart.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Um... how is that?
Same use, minus projectile part. I think double left clicking with the surge on to shoot the wall into a wave would fit perfectly for that ability.
That is just extremely annoying, being able to constantly do knockback and attack but they're only doing half a heart.
I didn't said anything about a knockback, but since you mentioned it I believe it could have that could push anyone one block away or just flinch the targeted player on the block he stands.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Same use, minus projectile part. I think double left clicking with the surge on to shoot the wall into a wave would fit perfectly for that ability.

I didn't said anything about a knockback, but since you mentioned it I believe it could have that could push anyone one block away or just flinch the targeted player on the block he stands.
I actually agree with both of those statements. But for the surge part would the ice surge be shot forward or water or maybe both. o.o

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Liquid form. Icebenders on normal bases throw small size constructs, so giving them power to throw a huge ice wall would somehow be unrealistic.

NickC1211

Verified Member
"Streaming the water: Named by Katara, it is a move that draws water from a source that waterbenders move around their bodies.[23] A more advanced version demonstrated by Aang apparently involves "sinking and floating". This move is thought to be used for basic training so that beginning waterbenders can get a "feel" for water, but it is in reality a useful move performed by waterbenders of every skill level." -avatarwiki

I was thinking that the stream could be like this

NickC1211

Verified Member
I think I'm gonna change the Waterwhip to click then tap shift to raise the water then when you run it goes to your side

Loony

Verified Member
I agree that we need to incorporate more features into WaterManipulation. Howecer, the two moves you said aren't original and I think we can do better. I will look into the idea of having more features for WaterManipulation but I'm denying this idea because I don't like the ideas you suggest we add.

Status
Not open for further replies.