• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Add-on to Heatcontrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
I'll make this suggestion quick

Basically, there should be an add-on to heatcontrol that will allow you burn the items in your hand. Its like trying to cook food but instead you're cooking items into ash.

To burn your items, hold an item in the heatcontrol slot and hold shift. It'll preform the same animation as cooking food but instead of cooking the item, the item disappears.

If this were added, there should be a config that allows you to set the amount of time it takes to burn items and what items CANT be burnt.

Hope you guys like my idea! ^3^

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I've seen 3 of the best coders on here in action. Shouldn't be too hard.
It's not hard at all, it's just a bit of a waste of time making it (not insulting you) because there's blaze, fireblast, etc.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Basically, there should be an add-on to heatcontrol that will allow you burn the items in your hand. Its like trying to cook food but instead you're cooking items into ash.
How about once you burn it, it could be temporarely half a second turned into gunpowder and then quickly dissapear, as if it actually did turn into "ashes"?

Janny

Verified Member
Please explain what purpose this would have? It seems useless to me so far
1. Its canon. I'm pretty sure some point in the series, a firebender burnt something with fire.
2. It would make heat control a bit less useless in PvE.
3. Aesthetic new feature to heat control.

Saying this is useless is like saying the fact that airblast can extinguish fire is useless. Its an aesthetic change to make the move more useful and realistic to the show. Its even realistic to the plugin itself. You can apparently cook food with heatcontrol using the flames you create from heatcontrol, why shouldn't it be the same for other items.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I can find it usefull when you need to remove an item(stack or not) without littering on the ground. It is tedious to have all the slots cluttered with all of the unnecessary items, but at the same time you don't have anywhere to throw it: either because you don't want to take it unintentionally when walking pass it, dont want to give it to someone, the ground is full of hoppers, or for any other reason you don't your item to be thrown out.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
1. Its canon. I'm pretty sure some point in the series, a firebender burnt something with fire.
2. It would make heat control a bit less useless in PvE.
3. Aesthetic new feature to heat control.
1. Just because it's canon doesn't mean it has to be added
2. This really wouldn't effect PvE situations at all- unless you want to somehow magically burn one of your items underwater where you can't create fire, or do it in the air, where you'll be grounded in most likely a few sections. I really only see this useful in the scenario in which you're stuck on one block and can't get out, but even then, you can make a fire and quickly go to your heatcontrol slot, and dispose of your items. But we can't have moves for each scenario. In fact, this seems more like a nuisance as for your fear of burning an item accidentally when you might be building.
3. Not an aesthetic. It's just a really bland feature.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
It appears this post has settled down. No more discussion has been made so I am going to deny it. There doesn't seem to be a practical use for this addition, except for making people very upset about accidentally burning their items... This concept is very primitive, and you can simply get the same effect by throwing the block down and using blaze/fireblast to burn the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.