• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Experience Bending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
I really do think that bending should be more realistic as of how powerful a move is, so here is my idea:

Why not make bending where the more you use a certain move, the move damage it does, the more powerful it is, and how big it can get (example RaiseEarth). And this doesn't mean everyday it will do .5 heart more damage but over time the power of a move does increase. At first a new bender would start of doing a little less damage than what the move does now, but over time that bender could do a little more damage than what it does now.

Why:

Say a new player starts bending and he/she fights with a very old bender, both of there moves are the same, which isn't very fair considering that player has been playing longer.

And no these moves would never become op they will stop at a certain point.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Guys I'm not saying that these moves will power up in a week, it would take a very long time just to do .5 more hearts of damage.
Still, if you continue to spam watermanipulation for the "very long time", its damage will increase, thus the player is less likely to refuse on using it and it may encourage to spamm the move more.

Green

Verified Member
Still, if you continue to spam watermanipulation for the "very long time", its damage will increase, thus the player is less likely to refuse on using it and it may encourage to spamm the move more.
GUYS THEN FIX THE WHOLE SPAMMING THING. Only allow the move to be used for a certain amount of time or something. AND for moves that can be spammed then this doesn't apply.

HydroMan

Verified Member
AND for moves that can be spammed then this doesn't apply.
That would be just weird. By spamming, I meant still using it even when it finished with a cooldown. Like if a firebender spamming combustion often would just so for seeking in increasing its damage overtime, and still doing that when it already deals 5.0 damage, then that could be a problem. Do you have any solution from preventing this?

Green

Verified Member
That would be just weird. By spamming, I meant still using it even when it finished with a cooldown. Like if a firebender spamming combustion often would just so for seeking in increasing its damage overtime, and still doing that when it already deals 5.0 damage, then that could be a problem. Do you have any solution from preventing this?
Did you even read my post?! It would start a little below than what it is now mabey .5 below and then over time mabey it could go to normal damage (Add the .5 back)

HydroMan

Verified Member
Did you even read my post?! It would start a little below than what it is now mabey .5 below and then over time mabey it could go to normal damage (Add the .5 back)
Yes and understood it, but here's a problem...

This is Jimmy. Say hello to him. He is a new player at [server name]. He started to play as a firebending. He likes combustion alot and often uses it. He used combustion over 3 months (like it was set to be for the damage to increase). Now he can deal 5.0 with it. He then notice it at its attempt in using it. Now he is in LOVE with it, and starts with mischief over using it. After some time ,the damage return back to normal. Realising and knowing how powerfull it can be, he the starts to SPAMM it. Now Jimmy got insane and starts spamming it, causing lots of lags (I know that combustion that doesn't cause much or any lag, but for the sake of an example in another abilities case that does infact cause lag) in the server. Please help Jimmy overcome his fetish over combustion and donate money to help him cure from this disease. 1 WaterBottle - 1 Pray.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

This is Jimmy. Say hello to him. He is a new player at [server name]. He started to play as a firebending. He likes combustion alot and often uses it. He used combustion over 3 months (like it was set to be for the damage to increase). Now he can deal 5.0 with it. He then notice it at its attempt in using it. Now he is in LOVE with it, and starts with mischief over using it. After some time ,the damage return back to normal. Realising and knowing how powerfull it can be, he the starts to SPAMM it. Now Jimmy got insane and starts spamming it, causing lots of lags (I know that combustion that doesn't cause much or any lag, but for the sake of an example in another abilities case that does infact cause lag) in the server. Please help Jimmy overcome his fetish over combustion and donate money to help him cure from this disease. 1 WaterBottle - 1 Pray.
Wow. Just... Wow.

Green

Verified Member

Here what I think, I think people should only be able to use one move 3-5 in 30 seconds so spamming couldn't be done...... This brings up another idea, how do we get rid of spamming?

Green

Verified Member
Here what I think, I think people should only be able to use one move 3-5 in 30 seconds so spamming couldn't be done...... This brings up another idea, how do we get rid of spamming?
And this move would decrease people wants of spamming because the move wouldn't do that much damage at first.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Still, some don't even mind waiting throught all the cooldown (I have met/encoutered this type of peope) and they still do that. But I can agree that this might reduce the amount of them doing the spamm.

Green

Verified Member
Still, some don't even mind waiting throught all the cooldown (I have met/encoutered this type of peope) and they still do that. But I can agree that this might reduce the amount of them doing the spamm.
Thank you for understanding and btw there is always that group of people who will wait the .5 less damage out, but then the other people would just use the less or not use it at all because they are impatient. So technically it would make less people spam moves.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Thank you for understanding and btw there is always that group of people who will wait the .5 less damage out, but then the other people would just use the less or not use it at all because they are impatient. So technically it would make less people spam moves.
It wouldn't make less people spam, it would make more people spam.
"Practicing a move" AKA using it increases it's power. In other words, the more you use the move the more powerful it gets. That's the concept, and that might make sense in RPG games with weapons but not in bending. It encourages spam like shit.
There's already a leveling system, it's called practicing. The longer you've been playing bending the better you get. You need tactics, not powerboosts etc.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Is 'disagree' button removed? Not that I wanted to rate that on someone, it is just that I notice it isn't here. 0_o

Green

Verified Member
ok I agree that this doesn't make sense and should not be placed into the game, so please close this forum page.

Status
Not open for further replies.