• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Watermanipulation: a new concept, that hences the name of the move

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Waterbenders have hard time using it for the utility manipulation, than for combat, how unlike Earthbenders where they can plot a house with the use of their bending. Yes, waterbenders can make icesculptures as a shelter, waterbubble to travel across the ocean by foot, healingwaters for survival and waterspout high to see a wider view, but they are lacking of moving water from one place to another. So I introcude to you, a new feature to watermanipulation, that will allow further control for manipulation of water, without the use of a bucket.

Asking why I choose watermanipulation for this, is that this already takes a name for this concept, as making a new one would be kinda of waste and there isn't any other name to call for this, except for "WaterControl" but that would just make a synonym of WaterManipulation.

Controls of this Alternative:
Shifting: Holding shift for 5 seconds at the water will cause one its block to follow (tapping shift will just activate the regular attack move). Once you move your cursor away from the water, it will 1 water block and follow the cursor (like I said it would): From here, you could do three things:
Right Click: [on a solid block] to place it, as if you were with a waterbucket.
Shifting: [realising it] will cause the block to fall onto something in an animation. If multiple waterblocks are picked, it will create a fountain, the height is based of how many blocks are grabbed (See below Grabbing multiple waterblocks on how to do that). This things will happen if they were released away when held away from the ground, otherwise - they will act like how right clicked.4
Left Click: will be shooted away as a watermanipulation projectile, if aimed at a mob. When their is no mob in the cursors way, the water will be then vapourise away, counting as if the move deactivated.
Grabbing Multiple Blocks:
Grabbing one block at a time requires to switch the bind back and forth. Once you do that, you then tap shift on a body of water while having one in control, it will then grab another water block, expanding the controlled one block vertically. When placing this small blob on a block, it will be produced by two (1x2 shape or visa versa), and each time you grab a block it will still produced the waterblocks the amout of you have in total. When having 3 blocks, it will be of a L shape, and 4 blocks will be 2x2 (one block thick vertically). When reaching more than 4 blocks grabbed (the maximium number blocks you can get will depend by the config options), it will be compress in a 2x2 shape.

I believe I covered all of the aspects of this feature. Now to configuration

Oh I remember. With @Taiko the Waterbender's "Stream" suggestion, NeverMind!

New Configuration Options for The Stock Ability:
ManipulationCoolDown - a seperated cooldown for this alternative[/u]
NumberofBlocks - how many blocks can be grabbed

That's pretty much. Does who are lazy to read (like Finn), here is a quick summary: ALLOWS TO POUR WATER WITHOUT A BUCKET

Last edited:

Verified Member
Waterbenders have hard time using it for the utility manipulation, than for combat, how unlike Earthbenders where they can plot a house with the use of their bending. Yes, waterbenders can make icesculptures as a shelter, waterbubble to travel across the ocean by foot, healingwaters for survival and waterspout high to see a wider view, but they are lacking of moving water from one place to another. So I introcude to you, a new feature to watermanipulation, that will allow further control for manipulation water, without the use of water.

Asking why I choose watermanipulation for this, is that this already takes a name for this concept, as making a new one would be kinda of waste and there isn't any other name to cal for this, except for "WaterControl" but that would just make a synonym of WaterManipulation.

Controls of this Alternative:
Shifting: Holding shift for 5 seconds at the water will cause one its block to follow (tapping shift will just activate the regular attack move). Once you move your cursor away from the water, it will 1 water block and follow the cursor (like I said it would): From here, you could do two things:
Right Click: [on a solid block] to place it, as if you were with a waterbucket.
Shifting: [realising it] will cause the block to fall onto something in an animation. If multiple waterblocks are picked, it will create a fountain, the height is based of how many blocks are grabbed (See below Grabbing multiple waterblocks on how to do that). This things will happen if they were released away when held away from the ground, otherwise - they will act like how right clicked.4
Left Clock: will be shooted away as a watermanipulation projectile, if aimed at a mob. When their is no mob in the cursors way, the water will be then vapoursided, counting as if the move deactivated.
Grabbing Multiple Blocks:
Grabbing one block at a time requires to switch the bing back and forth. Once you do that, you then tab shift on a body of water while having one in control, will be grab another water block, expanding the controlled one block vertically. When placing this small blob on a block, it will be produced by two (1x2 shape or visa versa), and each time you grab a block it will still produced the waterblocks the amout of you have in total. When having 3 blocks, it will be of a L shape, and 4 blocks will be 2x2 (one block thick vertically). When reaching more than 4 blocks grabbed (the maximium number blocks you can get will depend by the config options), it will be compress in a 2x2 shape.

I believe I covered all of the aspects of this feature. Now to configuration

Oh I remember. With @Taiko the Waterbender's "Stream" suggestion, NeverMind!

New Configuration Options for The Stock Ability:
ManipulationCoolDown - a seperated cooldown for this alternative[/u]
NumberofBlocks - how many blocks can be grabbed

That's pretty much. Does who are lazy to read (like Finn), here is a quick summary: ALLOWS TO POUR WATER WITHOUT A BUCKET
yasssss do it please

HydroMan

Verified Member
Yeah sounds cool,and defiantly useful.I hate when i have no buckets
Me to. Now I'll have to think the same concept for earthbening, how it can different from this but have the same method for the manipulation aspec :D

HydroMan

Verified Member
Charged FireBlast too! And FireKick (and those derped that work underwater).
Basicaly, the blast ones that aren't Lightning or Combustion.
Eh, you're right.
I had forgetten that this could augment in size. The L shape (3 block blob) and 2x2 (note that it will be 1 block wide in heigth) would add defense against fireburst, charged fireblast (regular one works only even when the water is 1&2 blocks) .fire combo where it releases the wheel thing vertically, lightning? (can it go/burst past through it?), firekick, and... that's what I can think of.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Ok, expect it to be on friday, unless anyone else woukd like to share it sooner (coders/those who work with command blocks, would be better if you demonstrate it practically)

Status
Not open for further replies.