• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbending x WaterFissure

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
  1. it doesn't need a source to make it move
    huhh?
  2. Gotcha! So freezing too works/ deals damage?
  3. Just saying, that freezing a sphere of a ball is still effective as this, but I know where you going with this, so I support it. Speaking of freezing, what is the used of "shift" method, as you can use surge instead to have results of the same shape(by the looks in your screenshot)? It would make useless. Then again, you can move the shields to your friend from far distance, but that would replace the torrent's job for it.
  4. K
  5. k
  6. If it happens to be that this ability deals more damage then torrent, it would obviously become op n will make torrent useless.
  7. 7. That's what I meant
  8. (see 6.)

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Does ice ALWAYS need to deal slowness? I don't think so- much like Firebending with firecombos. Do firecombos burn people? Only JetBlaze- so not all of them.
That's why it's configurable.
  1. huhh?
  2. Gotcha! So freezing too works/ deals damage?
  3. Just saying, that freezing a sphere of a ball is still effective as this, but I know where you going with this, so I support it. Speaking of freezing, what is the used of "shift" method, as you can use surge instead to have results of the same shape(by the looks in your screenshot)? It would make useless. Then again, you can move the shields to your friend from far distance, but that would replace the torrent's job for it.
  4. K
  5. k
  6. If it happens to be that this ability deals more damage then torrent, it would obviously become op n will make torrent useless.
  7. 7. That's what I meant
  8. (see 6.)
Trying to match up the numbered answers with the questions is gonna give me a headache, but no this move won't replace anything. First off all, it's not as quick and mobile as Torrent due to it can only be moved when it's touching the ground. Secondly, the screenshot was just a basis, this is just a foundation of something that could merely be changed. The wall feature will not be op either because unlike surge shield, it is not movable. But if you consider someone moving a couple blocks to the left or right and then shooting fireblast an op move then I give up..

HydroMan

Verified Member
What argument you gonna give for the shield feature vs. freezing torrent? They both have pretty much the same size, except one is thicker and other is flat.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Again, will ice deal damage?
And shooting the whip ("watch me nae nae") should deal less damage then torrent, as it wouldn't be fair since it doesn't have chargetime.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Again, will ice deal damage?
And shooting the whip ("watch me nae nae") should deal less damage then torrent, as it wouldn't be fair since it doesn't have chargetime.
All I can say is that it's like icespike but with a lower slowness duration.
Back to torrent, this is alike from torrent but why does it matter if it does more or less damage than torrent. I've said many times they are different from each other. If you don't like the damage, configure it!
What argument you gonna give for the shield feature vs. freezing torrent? They both have pretty much the same size, except one is thicker and other is flat.
And i already said that freezing waterfissure won't create a dome like torrent will. It won't be movable like surge shield so there's nothing you should worry about concerning conflicts between current moves and this move.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Torrent freezing dome has the same sizes as this ability shown in your 3th picture. You can literally freeze the ground with torrent to create a shield, either to your friends or use. Except torrent requires a little bit of charge, and has a better shield-defense, due to the torrents flatness. This method of freezig (talking abut shifting, not left clicking) would make utterly un-necessary.

HydroMan

Verified Member
But I'lll let this one flaw pass, because both of them has one downside/con to each other:
- Torrent requires chagre time while this shielding method don't.
- This Shielding method has a tinner shield then torrents.

HydroMan

Verified Member
The Only thing that bothers me only is the water projectile. If this won't have atleast smaller damage than torrent or longer cooldown I won't support it. And If you're saying that I should "
configure it!
", then I will ask you to make the damage set to install kill by default, as like you can said "everything is configurable". Do you know what I meant by that? Default setup matters the most to us.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
And if you ask "why do you care much about default? You can configure it anyway" then I will answer you that it is not about me, but about the other servers. Like how Loony said, that there are lazy (some) server owners who don't bother gettig their hands filty with the config file and not all people own a server, while they have no change convincing th server ownvers to change the config of this move.

If this would deal the same or bigger damage then torrent, then why bother using torrent for them when this can be spam easily without charging? Or if this would have shorter cooldown, why bother using torrent when you have to wait for it more longer for the cooldown to wear off then this?

HydroMan

Verified Member
I don't care If you will accept the suggsetion or not, since the staff can look up to my arguments and (hopefully) agree on me on my valid points and change them how I said it should, to make the bending balanced.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Torrent freezing dome has the same sizes as this ability shown in your 3th picture. You can literally freeze the ground with torrent to create a shield, either to your friends or use. Except torrent requires a little bit of charge, and has a better shield-defense, due to the torrents flatness. This method of freezig (talking abut shifting, not left clicking) would make utterly un-necessary.
But I'lll let this one flaw pass, because both of them has one downside/con to each other:
- Torrent requires chagre time while this shielding method don't.
- This Shielding method has a tinner shield then torrents.
Yes, it is like torrent freezing but as you can see from my screenshot, it is only round at the bottom and only 1 block thin nearing the top. That is just for realism. That's the difference.

The Only thing that bothers me only is the water projectile. If this won't have atleast smaller damage than torrent or longer cooldown I won't support it. And If you're saying that I should "", then I will ask you to make the damage set to install kill by default, as like you can said "everything is configurable". Do you know what I meant by that? Default setup matters the most to us.
I don't care If you will accept the suggsetion or not, since the staff can look up to my arguments and (hopefully) agree on me on my valid points and change them how I said it should, to make the bending balanced.
If you didn't see my earlier:
Normal waterfissure will do 2.5 hearts in default (5 in config I think). IceFissure will do 3 damage (6 in config) along with the effects of slowness like icespike. Remember: all features including: damages, cooldowns, durations, ect. will be configurable.
This may or may not be more damage than default torrent but remember, this is a 1 x 3 (width x height) that cannot be aimed into the air making it hard to actually attack with and easy to evade giving torrent an advantage.

Also, I understand your points. I agree that default is important but as a server manager, I'd want the best for my server and if I can't even configure the moves I want to modify.. Then you shouldn't even own a server if you're that lazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.