• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete (Air) WallDamage Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Opinion =/= Fact
And tell that to the tons of times you asked for a counter buff for fire when it was nerfed. Chi can kill every element by blocking bending before they hit the ground, especially air.
Oh so it's totally fine to remove an element's main offensive (firejet) and give it nothing else? Fire would become pathetic as hell if that were to happen. And while chi can kill every element by blocking bending, it's pretty easy to just play keep away while using your bending to keep yourself save. (Especially air with airshield. I won't say that chi is 100% fine the way how it is now, though, because it's not)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Opinion =/= Fact
And tell that to the tons of times you asked for a counter buff for fire when it was nerfed. Chi can kill every element by blocking bending before they hit the ground, especially air.
I fixed that.

Tenket

Verified Member
Opinion =/= Fact
yeah but then you have to play as chi. Thats the balancing aspect there.

promancer

Verified Member
Oh so it's totally fine to remove an element's main offensive (firejet) and give it nothing else? Fire would become pathetic as hell if that were to happen. And while chi can kill every element by blocking bending, it's pretty easy to just play keep away while using your bending to keep yourself save. (Especially air with airshield. I won't say that chi is 100% fine the way how it is now, though, because it's not)
Lol, Chiblockers -aswell as any other element- get through airshield with EASE. By the way, where is the counter buff for walldmg? The config for walldmg is far more crippling because they can set it to just be straight off, setting air back to being weaker than every other element damage wise. Fall damage isn't even useful anymore because every element has a way to counter it easily. Where is the counter buff for that? Or what about that one measly damage combo air has, compared to fire or water. Air deserves better than this.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Lol, Chiblockers -aswell as any other element- get through airshield with EASE. By the way, where is the counter buff for walldmg? The config for walldmg is far more crippling because they can set it to just be straight off, setting air back to being weaker than every other element damage wise. Fall damage isn't even useful anymore because every element has a way to counter it easily. Where is the counter buff for that? Or what about that one measly damage combo air has, compared to fire or water. Air deserves better than this.
Air is a powerful element. I don't knoe why you think it's underpowered.

promancer

Verified Member
It doesn't lack damage. It's got velocity damage, normal damage, suffocating, fall damage. It's really not underpowered at all
Velocity is very configurable, and can be turned off, air has the least amount of damage moves of every element, suffocate can be avoided by the basic move of every element except chi. Falldmg is extremely easily oppressed (firejet, surgewall, roll ability with chi, earth and air falldmg passive). Air isn't as "op" as presumed.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Velocity is very configurable, and can be turned off, air has the least amount of damage moves of every element, suffocate can be avoided by the basic move of every element except chi. Falldmg is extremely easily oppressed (firejet, surgewall, roll ability with chi, earth and air falldmg passive). Air isn't as "op" as presumed.
I never said air was op, I just said it wasn't up.

promancer

Verified Member
I never said air was op, I just said it wasn't up.
Still, each element has a unique quality. Fire with its high damage output and combos, water with its (kind of) fluid movements and high advantage at certain times and in certain environments and healing, earth with high defence and constantly having the advantage of being in its environment, and last but not least, chi with its deadly close ranged combat abilities. What does air have that another element doesnt? Earth has close to the same fall passive, chi has the same speed passive, it doesn't have close to any defense (airshield is laughable, even chi can get through). Tell me, what does it have?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Still, each element has a unique quality. Fire with its high damage output and combos, water with its (kind of) fluid movements and high advantage at certain times and in certain environments and healing, earth with high defence and constantly having the advantage of being in its environment, and last but not least, chi with its deadly close ranged combat abilities. What does air have that another element doesnt? Earth has close to the same fall passive, chi has the same speed passive, it doesn't have close to any defense (airshield is laughable, even chi can get through). Tell me, what does it have?
I'd say it's abilities have the best range. And veloctiy damage

promancer

Verified Member
I'd say that air has the best ranged abilities. And it has better movement speed overall. And being configurable doesn't diminish the overall value of velocity damage.
It does when it can be turned off, making it unreliable because it might not always be there, and speed wasn't purposely put in, but was more discovered through creativity, and speed just depends on your layout and reflexes, not the element. Airswipe, nor airsweep, nor suffocate, have a viewable advantage in range compared to other elements counter abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.