• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Chi ability (idea) "vain block"

Status
Not open for further replies.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
hello all.
this is just a small move suggestion for a chiblocker, it may or may not be useful and or a good ideab but im gona go for it anyways.

move name:"Vain block" (name is subject to change)
how to use it: hold shift then click ground (to use on ones self) or click target (to use on somone else) (holding shift will keep the move activated and releasing shift will stop the move)
what it do?: using his understanding of the human body the chiblocker can strike points in his or his targets body to block blood flow and redirect more blood to a desired part of his body.
when the chiblocker has blocked blood flow to parts of his body other areas (wounded areas) will heal faster (regeneration) but the deprivation of blood to parts of his body can cause numbness (slowness) and dizzyness (nauseia) and if the chiblocker continues to block the vains without releasing the cut off of blood to his body can be fatal and he will eventualy start to black out (blindness and suffocation)

basics: the chiblocker strikes his own or somone elses vains dealing 1-2 hearts of damage instantly but then gains regeneration for a few seconds but while this regeneration is active and even after the regeneration has stopped the chiblocker or his target will get slowness and nausia. if the chiblocker continues in a prolonged block of himself or his targets vains he or his target will slowly take damage (suffocation) and loose conciousness (blindness)

i think this would be an interesting skill for healing a chiblocker or his ally when in need but the instant damage and the debuff factor keep it from being spammed.
not only can this move be a utility healing skill but i think if used right it can also be a offensive skill. if using it on an enemy they will be instantly damged, healed a bit, slowed , daised and if you hold it too long they will die.

this was just an idea i had.
tell me what you guys think.
:)

djmyernos

Verified Member
Maybe it could be like this. You can only use it on yourself. Right click to activate it and right click again to deactivate it. While activated, it gives you regeneration for 8 (or 10?) seconds, but gives you slowness. You can stop the move early by deactivating it. Then if you try to use it again in the next 15 (maybe 10?) seconds, you are given regeneration (and slowness II) for 5 seconds, but after that you are given blindness and suffocation because of lack of blood flow to the brain. This continues until you deactivate the move, or die. If you use the move the second time, you cannot use it again for a period of 30 seconds. The cooldown is the same even if you die. That's my idea on how to make it better! I really do like this idea. :)

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
Maybe it could be like this. You can only use it on yourself. Right click to activate it and right click again to deactivate it. While activated, it gives you regeneration for 8 (or 10?) seconds, but gives you slowness. You can stop the move early by deactivating it. Then if you try to use it again in the next 15 (maybe 10?) seconds, you are given regeneration (and slowness II) for 5 seconds, but after that you are given blindness and suffocation because of lack of blood flow to the brain. This continues until you deactivate the move, or die. If you use the move the second time, you cannot use it again for a period of 30 seconds. The cooldown is the same even if you die. That's my idea on how to make it better! I really do like this idea. :)
not bad :)

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
This has no logic...
now that i think of it it really dosent, but then again chiblocking dosent exist in the real world in the way it does in avatar. and besides, NOTHING in avatar is logical. PPL ARE THROWING AROUND WIND FOR HEAVEN SAKES!! AND ITS SLICING THINGS IN HALF!

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
now that i think of it it really dosent, but then again chiblocking dosent exist in the real world in the way it does in avatar. and besides, NOTHING in avatar is logical. PPL ARE THROWING AROUND WIND FOR HEAVEN SAKES!! AND ITS SLICING THINGS IN HALF!
Yes but Chiblockers are not bloodbenders.

chazpants

Verified Member
Well the four elements are based off of four real life martial arts and chi blocking is based off of pressure points which does exist just not as exaggerated as it is in avatar. This really isn't logical in the avatar universe if you think about how many veins and arteries you have and the blood won't change direction

Hero

Verified Member
hello all.
this is just a small move suggestion for a chiblocker, it may or may not be useful and or a good ideab but im gona go for it anyways.

move name:"Vain block" (name is subject to change)
how to use it: hold shift then click ground (to use on ones self) or click target (to use on somone else) (holding shift will keep the move activated and releasing shift will stop the move)
what it do?: using his understanding of the human body the chiblocker can strike points in his or his targets body to block blood flow and redirect more blood to a desired part of his body.
when the chiblocker has blocked blood flow to parts of his body other areas (wounded areas) will heal faster (regeneration) but the deprivation of blood to parts of his body can cause numbness (slowness) and dizzyness (nauseia) and if the chiblocker continues to block the vains without releasing the cut off of blood to his body can be fatal and he will eventualy start to black out (blindness and suffocation)

basics: the chiblocker strikes his own or somone elses vains dealing 1-2 hearts of damage instantly but then gains regeneration for a few seconds but while this regeneration is active and even after the regeneration has stopped the chiblocker or his target will get slowness and nausia. if the chiblocker continues in a prolonged block of himself or his targets vains he or his target will slowly take damage (suffocation) and loose conciousness (blindness)

i think this would be an interesting skill for healing a chiblocker or his ally when in need but the instant damage and the debuff factor keep it from being spammed.
not only can this move be a utility healing skill but i think if used right it can also be a offensive skill. if using it on an enemy they will be instantly damged, healed a bit, slowed , daised and if you hold it too long they will die.

this was just an idea i had.
tell me what you guys think.
:)
I would like to point out that veins and arteries have valves. So if for some reason blood went in a different direction, the valves would close.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
You are blocking your veins... in order to heal... I think it doesn't work that way o.o
#blood cells #platelets (i think thats how u spell it)
basicly the consept of this in my mind is: blocking the blood flow in one area of the body via chiblocking allows more blood to flow to the injured parts , the blood carrys blood cells and platelets which allow the wounded area to heal faster, thus the regeneration effect and thus the loss of blood to the brain.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
I would like to point out that veins and arteries have valves. So if for some reason blood went in a different direction, the valves would close.
the blocking of the blood to certain parts of the body is not a COMPLETE block, its more like making the passage way for the blood flow smaller and more pressed.
so if u want to bring logic into this, its not a COMPLETE close of the veins, just enough to get alot of the blood to flow elseware

promancer

Verified Member
If something is pressurized it becomes denser and holds different properties than in a natural state.

Status
Not open for further replies.