• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Re-Suggestion Firebending - Flare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Note: This is a re-suggestion of an old move that I came up with. This is just to bring it back and give it more depth.

Name: Flare
Element: Fire
Purpose: Moderate knockback
How is it not OP: It does the same damage as fireblast, but doesn't burn. Only has a 180 degree range.
How is it useful: It does knockback. You can hit multiple people and it has a 4 second charge that protects you against small attacks.

How is it not the same as Fire spin: Fire spin burns. Flare doesn't. Fire spin has a smaller knockback. Flare is a big (or moderate) knockback. Fire spin has a 360 hit radius. Flare only has a 180 hit radius. Fire spin is a combo. Flare isn't a combo.

Picture:

Description: This move will be a fire move that causes major/moderate knockback. It will do the same damage as a normal fireblast, but will not burn. This move has a speical feature for having a 4 second circle of flames that protects the player from small attacks. It will then form a fire ball and then spread into a 180 degree arc of flames that will hit multiple players.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You say that firespin has less knockback than this. Firespin has quite a large knockback by default, so this one wouldn't be moderate, but more like enormous. Also the arc in the GIF isnt 180, but more like 100. I suggest making that a config option at least.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Firespin doesn't burn- infact the only combo that burns is JetBlaze.
And if you ask me, FireCombos need to have relations set with moves, so a firekick can block a watermanip or something.

Hero

Verified Member
Firespin doesn't burn- infact the only combo that burns is JetBlaze.
And if you ask me, FireCombos need to have relations set with moves, so a firekick can block a watermanip or something.
Even if it doesnt burn, this move is still different than fire spin.

Hero

Verified Member
Sounds like fireburst but isn't in a spherical form.
Fire burst lights everything on for and does now damage and little knock back. Flare does now knock back than damage and doesn't light things on fire. Plus it protects you for a short time

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Can you like leave? You aren't helpful nor are you doing anything remotely helpful.
To be honest, I don't see a reason why this should be added. That's the message I was trying to transfer. It's basically an advanced version of firekick which has a bigger hitbox and provides some defense. I honestly don't see why this needs to be added- it doesn't really add anything new to fire other then a move that can damage / protect. (One thing that I'd like to say that is purely my opinion is that this seems add-on ish)

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
It does knockback.
Lol in the gif where is the knockback? I just see the people standing there and enduring the blow. Plus, I don't think fire really needs all that knockback. FireSpin is good for now, in my opinion.
Imo, all of the elements, including fire, need more utility abilities, such as HeatControl which isn't directly meant for combat. This would give bending not only a utility side but a peaceful side, adding some spirituality we see in the show. If you have any idea what I'm talking about.

Hero

Verified Member
Oh excuse me. I didn't know that I had to stay absolutely on topic on threads. (Seriously though, all I did was have a small conversation about a FIREbending combo)
Look, I know you are rude and all, but dont bring it to my posts.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Look, I know you are rude and all, but dont bring it to my posts.
Rude? No, you're just overreacting because I didn't post something that related EXACTLY to your thread. Anyways, I'm not going to argue with you over something so pointless. I've stated my standing on this idea and won't change until the idea itself changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.