• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthBending changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

promancer

Verified Member
Camping, or at least my definition of it, is when waterbenders just go on their spouts and stay out of harms way from Earth, Fire, Chi, and even air, since it gets overpowered in a spout fight.
Airsuction, Airblast, all other air moves, fireblast, burst, surge, earthsmash, earthblast... knocking someone off a spout has been made considerably easy. Especially when lightning spreads through water...

DanBall

Verified Member
Airsuction, Airblast, all other air moves, fireblast, burst, surge, earthsmash, earthblast... knocking someone off a spout has been made considerably easy. Especially when lightning spreads through water...
WaterSpout useful only in fighting with Waterbenders...

SuperBower118

Verified Member
So you're saying of a waterbender is 30 blocks away from land, which in my definition, is camping, that it's still easy to watercamp. Waterbenders can't really watercamp when facing another waterbender. Lightning doesn't spread up the spout, has a charge-up time, and sometimes doesn't even go where you want it to. Also, if you're remotely near the water, then the lightning spread can hit the firebender as well.

promancer

Verified Member
So you're saying of a waterbender is 30 blocks away from land, which in my definition, is camping, that it's still easy to watercamp. Waterbenders can't really watercamp when facing another waterbender. Lightning doesn't spread up the spout, has a charge-up time, and sometimes doesn't even go where you want it to. Also, if you're remotely near the water, then the lightning spread can hit the firebender as well.
What you said first is situational, as pk didn't put an ocean there. Didn't realize that lightning didn't spread up the spout, but it's suppose to have a charge time, which is configured by the owner.

Lightning is suppose to be a bit uncontrollable, since it has a chance to hit multiple people, spread like wildfire in water sometimes, paralyze, and can normally kill waterarms users depending on configuration. Lightning isn't suppose to be ridiculously long ranged, and the waterbender should have an advantage in its own element.

promancer

Verified Member
Solution to watercamping: bring the fight to you. Airsuction can pull from pretty far.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
What you said first is situational, as pk didn't put an ocean there. Didn't realize that lightning didn't spread up the spout, but it's suppose to have a charge time, which is configured by the owner.

Lightning is suppose to be a bit uncontrollable, since it has a chance to hit multiple people, spread like wildfire in water sometimes, paralyze, and can normally kill waterarms users depending on configuration. Lightning isn't suppose to be ridiculously long ranged, and the waterbender should have an advantage in its own element.
Lightning also shouldn't be so uncontrollable to where it will decide to completely change course. Waterbenders should be stronger in water, I agree, but Lightning should be able to incapacitate and do strong damage to waterbenders in water.

promancer

Verified Member
Lightning also shouldn't be so uncontrollable to where it will decide to completely change course. Waterbenders should be stronger in water, I agree, but Lightning should be able to incapacitate and do strong damage to waterbenders in water.
It's not pokemon. Lightning shouldn't be a kill all in vs water battles. Fire should have a disadvantage against water.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
It's not pokemon. Lightning shouldn't be a kill all in vs water battles. Fire should have a disadvantage against water.
So you're saying a man in water isn't going to get severely injured by getting hit by electricity while he's in water? And Fire shouldn't have a disadvantage against water because like you said, this isn't pokemon. Either way, this isn't the topic on the thread, so I'm going to get back on topic.

promancer

Verified Member
So you're saying a man in water isn't going to get severely injured by getting hit by electricity while he's in water? And Fire shouldn't have a disadvantage against water because like you said, this isn't pokemon. Either way, this isn't the topic on the thread, so I'm going to get back on topic.
Says the match to the flame war.
This is still off topic, but I need to clarify something. Water puts out fire. Firebending is negated because of the heat being sucked in by the water. Boiling temp is 210° at the lowest. You say lightning is different from what would happen irl. That's not pk's decision for how much dmg lightning does on whatever server you use as ex. If you wanted to get back on topic you wouldn't have stated that.

Status
Not open for further replies.