• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Torrent > WaterSlide weee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Ability: WaterSpout
Alternative/Addon: Let's say a torrent is approaching you, and you as waterbender you want to negate it + move quickly to your opponent, doing those both things at the same. Now you will be able to, if this ever makes his way to the plugin! Anyway, what would this alternative do, is that if a torrent is precisely 1 block away (so it would require to time it right) and press "space" key on you keyboard left click at it while waterspout is selected, it would then negate the torrent damage, and instead it will create a ice slide (as shown in my in-game build structure) ,where the user is looking at.

How is this different then original waterspout alternative?

• It is faster then the original one, with no charge time neeeded.
  • This only moves the targets it straight line. The user cannot change its cursor/track after it has been created.
  • It is ice then water, obviously.
Canon:

In-Game Image:
As you can see, there are two variations of the ice slides. On the right side the curved bridge form occurs If the cursor was pointed at 3 or more blocks from the ground after the activation of the alternative, while on the left side the bridge forms if the cursor was pointed at 2 or lower blocks.
Here is a vertical one.

Additional Information:
  • There would be a delay after left click (nor more then 2 seconds). After the delay finishes, the iceslide will then be created and the bender will then be force to slide it. This because so that the bender has time to look away from the torrent hitting point, as he would be sliced from the same place where the torrent end, unallowed for the user to pick his own favorited destination spot.

Last edited:

Kiam

Verified Member
Well, if you guys can locate at which high is the player hovering away from ground, I think it wouldn't be a problem then.
You obviously have no concept for the way the code works. If the developer is saying that It wouldn't work well, you cant tell them that you know better, because you quite literally do not. Right now, we cannot register when a player taps shift, so the core mechanic of this move will not work. It sure is an interesting idea, but it's hard to understand and would be near impossible to implement smoothly.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I was saying if you can go around the thing with what I suggested (like locate the height), it would be great as it would be possible to achieve. By *if* i mean the possibility of the thing happening is to be possible (which I have no knowledge over it if its possible or not), it shouldn't be in no way impossible to achieve the effect of the alternative itself by my opinion.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
But If you're saying it is not possible, then I'll consider changing the all alternative activation from space to left click at torrent.

Kiam

Verified Member
But If you're saying it is not possible, then I'll consider changing the all alternative activation from space to left click at torrent.
I dont think you grasp how the suggestions work for PK... We do not implement the suggestions exactly how you suggest... so there is no need to "consider changing" anything. Once you put the suggestion on the forums, you have NO power over how or which parts of something get implemented if they even do. The suggestions forum is more of an idea pool that the concept designers use to decide what actually happens in the plugin.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I dont think you grasp how the suggestions work for PK... We do not implement the suggestions exactly how you suggest... so there is no need to "consider changing" anything. Once you put the suggestion on the forums, you have NO power over how or which parts of something get implemented if they even do. The suggestions forum is more of an idea pool that the concept designers use to decide what actually happens in the plugin.
Still, it doesn't mean I can't change some parts of what I want them to add. If the doesn't hasn't been marked "looking into" yet, it probably means the CD haven't check this suggestion. ;)

HydroMan

Verified Member
I dont think you grasp how the suggestions work for PK... We do not implement the suggestions exactly how you suggest.../QUOTE]
Actually I do. What you said I already have known it. I don't have any power what the outcome of this ability, as the devs would probably some of the aspects of it, but it doesn't mean I can't aleast try to fix my post with silly writing ;). I just don't people replying with the same response "space can't register #that".

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Or, like how @Janny suggested, WaterSpout could just create fully charged-up waterspout's wave by clicking 2 block away upcoming torrent, which would be much simple. This WaterSide looks to complex (at least for me personally).

Status
Not open for further replies.