• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Firebending - FireMissile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Move: FireMissiles
Type: Offensive
How to activate: This move wouldbe activated by holding shift and left clicking and moving the mouse around.
(It's meant to follow players, but I want it to follow blocks too.) When it hits a block/player, a small explosion would happen. This means they could hit themselves.

How is this different from Combustion:

1. It's about the speed of fireblast, just noticeably slower.
  2. It can follow players better.
  3. Unlike Combustion, it's explosion is smaller. Meaning it causes less knockback.
  4. Range is two times large than fireblast.
  5. User cannot switch to another move while controlling the missile.
How is this useful?
  1. Gives a move that can follow players and blocks.
  2. Does more damage than fireblast.
  3. This is part of the firebending element (its not a subelement).
  4. Two times the range of fireblast.
Proof
Aang and Ozai used this move while fighting in the final battle.

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Move: FireMissiles
Type: Offensive
How to activate: This move wouldbe activated by left clicking and moving the mouse around.
(It's meant to follow players, but I want it to follow blocks too.) When it hits a block/player, a small explosion would happen. This means they could hit themselves.

How is this different from Combustion:

1. It's about the speed of fireblast, just noticeably slower.
  2. It can follow players better.
  3. Unlike Combustion, it's explosion is smaller. Meaning it causes less knockback.
  4. Range is smaller than fireblast.
  5. User cannot switch to another move while controlling the missile.
How is this useful?
  1. Gives a move that can follow players and blocks.
  2. Does more damage than fireblast.
  3. This is part of the firebending element (its not a subelement).
Proof
Aang and Ozai used this move while fighting in the final battle.
Exactly how much damage would this do, first off? If it does more than fireblast, I think that this should have a decent cooldown due to the fact that you're just left clicking. I myself think this would be better off if it were a combo, even though it is a basic part of firebending that firebenders can curve their blasts. I suggest perhaps... Left Click twice with FireBlast -> Hold Sneak with FireShield -> Switch to the FireBlast slot an left click (While holding sneak. Once FireMissile is launched, you can let go of sneak)
The reason why I'd prefer this as a combo is so that firebending moves that pack a bit more punch can't simply be activated by left clicking. I also think that this would give a nice projectile to the FireCombo list since all of them are either close-range or the JetCombos (I refuse to see FireWheel as a move until they improve it, preferably to my post I made on it) If they add this as a left-click move, I'd expect them to give this a decent cooldown to prevent spamming a move that's guildable and does more dmg than fireblast. If they add this as a combo, then I wouldn't have a problem if it's cooldown would be a little shorter. Another thing I'd like them to give this move regardless if it's a combo or left click is some more range. If this has a shorter range than an uncharged fireblast, than I find the ability to guild this thing pretty useless since you're most likely going to hit them anyways. Plus, what are you exactly going to guild it for? 1.5 seconds? If it's range is a charged fireblast, than I still find it somewhat of an issue, but not TOO much. I just wouldn't find much of a use for it myself since I can do a lot if I'm at that medium range. I personally would give it a bit more range, perhaps making it 1.5x of a regular fireblast instead of having this move travel a short distance.

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
I haye combos
Exactly how much damage would this do, first off? If it does more than fireblast, I think that this should have a decent cooldown due to the fact that you're just left clicking. I myself think this would be better off if it were a combo, even though it is a basic part of firebending that firebenders can curve their blasts. I suggest perhaps... Left Click twice with FireBlast -> Hold Sneak with FireShield -> Switch to the FireBlast slot an left click (While holding sneak. Once FireMissile is launched, you can let go of sneak)
The reason why I'd prefer this as a combo is so that firebending moves that pack a bit more punch can't simply be activated by left clicking. I also think that this would give a nice projectile to the FireCombo list since all of them are either close-range or the JetCombos (I refuse to see FireWheel as a move until they improve it, preferably to my post I made on it) If they add this as a left-click move, I'd expect them to give this a decent cooldown to prevent spamming a move that's guildable and does more dmg than fireblast. If they add this as a combo, then I wouldn't have a problem if it's cooldown would be a little shorter. Another thing I'd like them to give this move regardless if it's a combo or left click is some more range. If this has a shorter range than an uncharged fireblast, than I find the ability to guild this thing pretty useless since you're most likely going to hit them anyways. Plus, what are you exactly going to guild it for? 1.5 seconds? If it's range is a charged fireblast, than I still find it somewhat of an issue, but not TOO much. I just wouldn't find much of a use for it myself since I can do a lot if I'm at that medium range. I personally would give it a bit more range, perhaps making it 1.5x of a regular fireblast instead of having this move travel a short distance.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I haye combos
I'll just assume that you meant to say hate, because the statement "I have combos" doesn't seem relevant.
The reason why I don't want this as a click move is because I don't want to see fire turn into an element that's just about left clicking. We have fireblast, blaze, and walloffire for left click; I feel like any move that's JUST left clicking would be overkill.
I also don't think that you should make a suggestion for YOUR favor alone- it should be in the element's favor, and in this case, it is fire.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
To Copy and Paste a gif
1. >Edit The Post
2. >Copy Link (you can copy any # of characters; right click the image -> "get image url")
3. >Click the image button, and paste the link (control + v or right click -> paste )
4. >Done, enjoy

Hero

Verified Member
I'll just assume that you meant to say hate, because the statement "I have combos" doesn't seem relevant.
The reason why I don't want this as a click move is because I don't want to see fire turn into an element that's just about left clicking. We have fireblast, blaze, and walloffire for left click; I feel like any move that's JUST left clicking would be overkill.
I also don't think that you should make a suggestion for YOUR favor alone- it should be in the element's favor, and in this case, it is fire.
You do realize im a waterbender/chiblocker. I dont even play fire because I suck at it. And as for left clicking, I made it so you hold shift.

Hero

Verified Member
To Copy and Paste a gif
1. >Edit The Post
2. >Copy Link (you can copy any # of characters; right click the image -> "get image url")
3. >Click the image button, and paste the link (control + v or right click -> paste )
4. >Done, enjoy
I know how to get a gif. I just cant do it until I get home.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
One, I hate this whole the combo system is the future of bending.
Two, I made it to hold shift already.
I don't expect you to edit your own personal suggestion to make it a combo, but I do appreciate the fact that you made it a hold shift technique. I would, however, like to see a change in the range, as for I feel like it's a bit small- you have to be in a considerate range of the person, to the point where it could be dangerous to hold sneak just to send a guidable blast at them... I also feel like if you're that close you don't really need to send a FireMissile at them...
I'd also give you a gif, but Imgur isn't exactly being kind when it comes to making gifs- it's taking a while for the process to complete

Status
Not open for further replies.