• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

(Fire) Lightning sound effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikaDoooo

Verified Member
Heyho!

So this is a pretty simple suggestion.

-Change the Lightning sound effect from the current "sshhh" to the sound of natural Lightning (the thunderstorm noise)

Why? Because Lightning is a little underwhelming. I read through some old threads and noticed it was pretty hard to get Lightning to look even remotely decent and similar to canon-Lightning (Azula, Mako etc.) I think the devs did a pretty great job with the limited available recourses, but the 'feel' is still lackluster. I guess a powerful sound effect like the natural thunderstorm sound could do the trick.

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
It also only plays the sound effect when someone is actually hit. I think it'd be nice to play a more powerful sound effect upon firing the ability. But yeah, the overall feel of lightning is kinda underwhelming atm, mostly due to the sound.

MikaDoooo

Verified Member
Maybe even different sounds for different phases?

-generating = shshshshs sound (creeper hiss I suppose?)

-traveling = thunder sound (a little bit lower volume of course)

-striking = explosion sound (TNT sound)

MikaDoooo

Verified Member
The thing is, you're gonna want the sound to match the look.
Valid point. But I guess the sound effect is a step in the right direction towards making Lightning feel as powerful as it is. I do not dare to suggest anything related to the visual effects, considering the past discussions concerning it. It seems like a pretty delicate situation to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.