• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthBlast new makeover

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think earthblast needs a bit of a new makeover change and by that I mean add a new type of physic to it by how it's actual canon thing was shown. So I seen that a numerous times, like the one notable at the beginning of the credits opening/intro, where an earthbender stomps on the ground to cause a rock to fly up in the air until it reaches the height of benders chest and stops next to it. Before the rock begins to fall back, the bender immediately kicks (in mid air) to cause the rock to launch wherever it was aimed at. So here's what I actually one. After an earthbender selects earthblast, and then select a source. The selected source block (< earth) would then slowly fly up 2 blocks high, and would stay there for 2 seconds (same mechanic with the EarthShard addon). The bender must shoot it within 2 seconds, or else it would fall back to it's origin place, and won't act as a source unless you select it again. This feature would be configurable, allowing for the server owner to choose whenever (s)he wants this block to have this physic mechanic or be like it was regular.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
What about if the Earthbender clicks the block he raised, the EarthBlast would be shot in that direction but with stronger effects?
If the EarthBlast would be shot in other direction without the Ebender touching it, it could deal less damage.

djmyernos

Verified Member
This sounds like earthshard. Exactly like earthshard, except that you can only do one at a time and that it falls back after two seconds. If you want a move like this, why not just use EarthShard? Yes, yes, I know it's an add-on move, but still.

HydroMan

Verified Member
This sounds like earthshard. Exactly like earthshard, except that you can only do one at a time and that it falls back after two seconds. If you want a move like this, why not just use EarthShard? Yes, yes, I know it's an add-on move, but still.
1. Addon his op.
2. This is realistic and canon.
3. Why do we have waterarms and EarthSmash official moves.

orfeas

Verified Member
Well i get were this is coming from but earthblast is supposed to be a quick attack.A stronger attack in witch you are needed to raise the earth is earth smash.I am pretty sure that we have seen an earthbender launch a rock directly from the ground.Also the credits show an earthsmash,the rock is not small.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Well i get were this is coming from but earthblast is supposed to be a quick attack.A stronger attack in witch you are needed to raise the earth is earth smash.I am pretty sure that we have seen an earthbender launch a rock directly from the ground.Also the credits show an earthsmash,the rock is not small.
EarthSmash levitates of the ground which i don't like (have suggested for it fall rather). This would save up for noobies to spam a lot. But note, that earthblast would have regular animation if it was lauched from pillars of raiseearth.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I also seen that in the show most earthblast were performed in mid air or being held by smth/sm1. Making earthbenders launch a ball of ground seems to me that it wouldn't work out, because you can lock your aim if doing that way, as from earthbender perspective (in concept sense). Most of the elemental blasts are launched of the ground (watermanip, fireblast). The only think earthbenders would be able to hit with the rock that was lauched is only the enemies fit and make them fall over.

orfeas

Verified Member
EarthSmash levitates of the ground which i don't like (have suggested for it fall rather). This would save up for noobies to spam a lot. But note, that earthblast would have regular animation if it was lauched from pillars of raiseearth.
Well if you are good enough you can protect your self from the spamming(just one raiseearth,surge shield,firejet to get out of the way,airshield)

HydroMan

Verified Member
Well if you are good enough you can protect your self from the spamming(just one raiseearth,surge shield,firejet to get out of the way,airshield)
But that won't stop from spamming to much everytime they meet someone.

orfeas

Verified Member
I also seen that in the show most earthblast were performed in mid air or being held by smth/sm1. Making earthbenders launch a ball of ground seems to me that it wouldn't work out, because you can lock your aim if doing that way, as from earthbender perspective (in concept sense). Most of the elemental blasts are launched of the ground (watermanip, fireblast). The only think earthbenders would be able to hit with the rock that was lauched is only the enemies fit and make them fall over.
I guess it makes sense.Honestly i always had a complain for earth blast being super similar to watermanip,but i thought that stuff did that cause it was the only move that could make earth match other spamming

Janny

Verified Member
I would like this thead, but I don't because it is almost exactly like EarthShard but it fall if not used in 2 seconds.

Janny

Verified Member
To me, a better idea would be that if you... actually... IMMA GO MAKE THIS A THREAD :D

HydroMan

Verified Member
I would like this thead, but I don't because it is almost exactly like EarthShard but it fall if not used in 2 seconds.
Not really. You will only be able to use "earthblast" on raiseearth but not earthshard. Also this would allow you to raise one block.

Status
Not open for further replies.