• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

What binds do you use?

Loony

Verified Member
And let me explain to you why;
People say that "for all the server's that have the plugin the defaults wouldn't change unless they deleted their config"
I know quite a few server's that would delete their config if there was a balance patch.
Some server's don't change the defaults, maybe it's because the owner is lazy, maybe it's because they wouldn't be able to balance it themselves because of lack of knowledge or maybe they might even think that the defaults are fine, which would be a small minority.
I myself have changed the defaults. It took me hours upon hours changing and testing the config to see if it was actually balanced. Not only did I have to test each element individually, I had to test multiple element combo's to make sure there wasn't one that was super overpowered that killed the player instantly (which by the way, there's a lot in the defaults).
So I completely understand if a server owner doesn't want to spend hours testing to balance the plugin, because it is an annoying job and to be honest, it isn't their job. Balancing the plugin? That's our job.
So quite a few server's would reset the config for a balance patch.
Not only would current server's change, any server that is created from that point would have a balanced config.
There are so many combo's that can instantly kill you without you even being able to move, or bend. I've spent 2, nearly 3 years on bending server's and I can tell you from experience that it is not balanced.
Bending is supposed to be about skill, not cheapness, but that's all it is now. We try to "balance" the plugin move wise, yet we don't address the main issue of defaults. Sure, we could make sure each element has the same amount of moves, but if Airswipe was set to 7 hearts by default, would that truly be balanced? No, it would not.

I don't even like going to other bending server's anymore, because any time I do I get charged fireblasted twice, combustioned and then I'm dead. Like what?
That 7 second fight was great, truly.
In the show, were fights 7 seconds or were they intense, long lasting and based on skill?

People say "if you don't like the defaults, change them yourself!" I have, but I cannot change other server owner's defaults. Yeah sure it's fun to play on my server, but being the owner, people constantly needing me, sometimes I need a break and play on other server's, but then I instantly leave because of the utter unfairness of the defaults.

Loony

Verified Member
It'd save a small amount of people the trouble of simply changing them in the fooking config. Totally a needed thing
"Simply changing them" lmao.
I've spent around 10 hours on mine and still I'm having to make some changes. But ok

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
People say that "for all the server's that have the plugin the defaults wouldn't change unless they deleted their config"
I know quite a few server's that would delete their config if there was a balance patch.
Some server's don't change the defaults, maybe it's because the owner is lazy, maybe it's because they wouldn't be able to balance it themselves because of lack of knowledge or maybe they might even think that the defaults are fine, which would be a small minority.
I myself have changed the defaults. It took me hours upon hours changing and testing the config to see if it was actually balanced. Not only did I have to test each element individually, I had to test multiple element combo's to make sure there wasn't one that was super overpowered that killed the player instantly (which by the way, there's a lot in the defaults).
So I completely understand if a server owner doesn't want to spend hours testing to balance the plugin, because it is an annoying job and to be honest, it isn't their job. Balancing the plugin? That's our job.
Not only would current server's change, any server that is created from that point would have a balanced config.
There are so many combo's that can instantly kill you without you even being able to move, or bend. I've spent 2, nearly 3 years on bending server's and I can tell you from experience that it is not balanced.
Bending is supposed to be about skill, not cheapness, but that's all it is now. We try to "balance" the plugin move wise, yet we don't address the main issue of defaults. Sure, we could make sure each element has the same amount of moves, but if Airswipe was set to 7 hearts by default, would that truly be balanced? No, it would not.

I don't even like going to other bending server's anymore, because any time I do I get charged fireblasted twice, combustioned and then I'm dead. Like what?
In the show, were fights 7 seconds or were they intense, long lasting and based on skill?

People say "if you don't like the defaults, change them yourself!" I have, but I cannot change other server owner's defaults. Yeah sure it's fun to play on my server, but being the owner, people constantly needing me, sometimes I need a break and play on other server's, but then I instantly leave because of the utter unfairness of the defaults.
Defaults are opinion-based, thats all there is to it. I personally really like the defaults.

Joeri

Verified Member
The bendingboard is just showing the corrolation of slot digit to ability, for easier use. If you wanted you could say that slot 1 is the first, but because of the infinite loop, you'd in technicalities be factually incorrect :)
But a loop still has a beginning. and the most logical awnser to where it begins would be called our "first hotbar slot"

A loop has a beginning, but no ending. It repeats it own cyclus. but in order to repeat itself it must have a beginning.

Zeref

Verified Member
-Water-
1.Waterspout
2Water Manip
3.Torrent
4.Icespike
5.Surge
6.Frostbreath
7.Iceblast
8.Phasechange
9.Healingwaters

-Earth-
1.Earthblast
2.Earthkick/Lavaflow/Earthdisc Depends what server i am on
3.Earthsmash
4.Raise earth
5.Catapult
6.Shockwave
7.Collapse
8.Eartharmor
9.Earthgrab

-Air-
1.Airblast
2.Airswipe
3.Airburst
4.Airscooter
5.Tornado
6.Airsuction
7.Airspout
8.Airglide
9.Airshield

-Fire-
1.Combustion
2.Fireblast
3.Walloffire
4.Firejet
5.Blaze
6.Lightning
7.Fireburst
8.Fireshield
9.Heatcontrol

Hero

Verified Member

Preach! <3