• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed Watermanipulation needs a fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
I was told to write a bug review, I never saw it that way, but I guess I do now. Watermanipulation needs some editing. Here's what a lot of people and I think is wrong with it. Watermanipulation happens to be a waterbenders most used move, and we need it for attacking firebenders because torrent will not block a charged fireblast, and you may not be able to surge shield quickly enough. Watermanipulation at the moment is not turnable enough. When you want to redirect it, it travels straight forward a certain distance and then it turns as you direct to, and this is bad. Especially in a water 1v1 where you 2 have to redirect your manips to the enemy's side. Also, manip misses FOR SURE 1/3 of the time, and that's just derpy. We tested it out, and 1 manip misses for every 3 sent out. This is one of the main moves a waterbender has, and with an agile Airbender, even torrent won't work! Manip needs it's maneuver! It needs to turn on command like it did in the TLA plug in. This would be amazing, honestly. A turn-ability option would help out a lot of servers. As good as your aim is, you will miss for sure 1/3 times, and that's unfair. Not to mention that your manip doesn't turn on aight, and requires some blocks traveled before turning, it's just silly. It requires no aim, and makes it so people have to spam manipulation much more than they do aim it. Please, help us out. How can we change this ( How turnable it is ). I've also been told that nothing has changed and that's pure bs honestly. Compare watermanipulation from Orion's plugin to this one and you'll notice the huge difference. I'm hoping we can get watermanipulation to go back to the stable move it was in TLA and not be derpy ( Redirection and turn-ability wise ). A few waterbenders will not notice this, and that's because they're the ones who spam torrent or manip without thinking that it needs to sidehit or fly behind the enemy. Thank you and hope you help out c:.

Hero

Verified Member
You can redirect watermanipulation, whoever is shooting it at you is just clicking rapidly so it only goes to you. You either spam click too so it will stay in one place. Or after you got control, click a block so it disappear.

Chkirby

Verified Member
I think this is a logical change. Honestly I did not see any problems at all with Orions manipulation to begin with. I think it is very unfair to gain such accuracy and hit every single shot and having them miss one out of three times. Also just like earthblast you should be able to direct your manipulations with just a click. As you described this is very silly and derpy, it just does not make sense for waterbenders to be crippled so heavily. The new Dynamic Sourcing that Project Korra has recently added is just as was stated, very spammable and no room for really any skill. I think it should be changed back to the way it was because the differences have been confirmed by looking even into the code.

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
Hero, I've been bending for over 2 years, like I said. Redirection with manip is not what it needs to be. It is not strong or fast enough to sidehit an enemy. Orion's manipulation was perfect, whatever was done to if, needs to be undone...

Hero

Verified Member
I can tell you guys dont really pay close attention....
Earthblast is redirectable.
WaterManip. isnt broken, its just the fact people are rapidly clicking so you cant control it.
In case you havent played other servers, trying to spam with the dynamic sourcing only gets you so far.

Zey_Zey

Verified Member
You can redirect watermanipulation, whoever is shooting it at you is just clicking rapidly so it only goes to you. You either spam click too so it will stay in one place. Or after you got control, click a block so it disappear.
You can't spam click it so it stays in one place. I know it seems like that, but it can be going straight at a target and just go up and miss the target at the last second for no reason.

Hero

Verified Member
Hero, I've been bending for over 2 years, like I said. Redirection with manip is not what it needs to be. It is not strong or fast enough to sidehit an enemy. Orion's manipulation was perfect, whatever was done to if, needs to be undone...
The amount of time doesnt matter, its just about skill. From the look of your comment, it looks like you are only complaining because you cant sidehit an enemy.

Hero

Verified Member
You can't spam click it so it stays in one place. I know it seems like that, but it can be going straight at a target and just go up and miss the target at the last second for no reason.
I noticed the last second thing. I would just aim lower.

Zey_Zey

Verified Member
I can tell you guys dont really pay close attention....
Earthblast is redirectable.
WaterManip. isnt broken, its just the fact people are rapidly clicking so you cant control it.
In case you havent played other servers, trying to spam with the dynamic sourcing only gets you so far.
The server I play on removed dynamic sourcing, and you could click once with manip at a target and it has a chance to just randomly go up last second and miss.

Hero

Verified Member
Are you dumb? I know I need to be nice in this but fuck that. You clearly have no skill or knowledge in Waterbending, cause you'd agree that it isn't just a fucking sidehit. Without sidehits, you're practically just spamming the SHIT out of shift. Be logical ''Hero''.
Ok, you want to be rude? I was just trying to help.
@Vidcom @Loony

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
I've been bending for over 2 years, almost 3. Orion's manip was perfectly fine in terms of sidehits and redirection, then it was changed, now manip will travel distance before it turn. I'll take a server owner who used to be part of the PK development with his own moves word than yours.

Hero

Verified Member
Are you dumb? I know I need to be nice in this but fuck that. You clearly have no skill or knowledge in Waterbending, cause you'd agree that it isn't just a fucking sidehit. Without sidehits, you're practically just spamming the SHIT out of shift. Be logical ''Hero''.
Also, I happen to be decent.

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
You're replying without any knowledge in the subject I am posting about. A lot of people notice this. How long have you been bending? Did you go competitive? Did you win waterchief in over 6 servers at a time? Doubt it. I notice the huge difference in manipulation, and while it is turnable with a LOT of left click spam, it's not where it needs to be.

Hero

Verified Member
I've been bending for over 2 years, almost 3. Orion's manip was perfectly fine in terms of sidehits and redirection, then it was changed, now manip will travel distance before it turn. I'll take a server owner who used to be part of the PK development with his own moves word than yours.
Ok, sounds like you are depending too much on manip. Use Torrent...

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
With a razer Deathadder, I click the hell out of my mouse and it barely turns, and in the end it just travels past my enemy. Why didn't this happen in Orion's build? Huh?

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
I mix up my moves, the fact that you're saying I rely too much on torrent shows you're unexperienced with water. How about a 1v1 tomorrow at my main server, then one at yours?

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
Trust me when I tell you. Manipulation is derpy. Runefist even confirmed it to me. He showed me an example using blocks, comparing Orion's manip, to PK's.

Hero

Verified Member
You're replying without any knowledge in the subject I am posting about. A lot of people notice this. How long have you been bending? Did you go competitive? Did you win waterchief in over 6 servers at a time? Doubt it. I notice the huge difference in manipulation, and while it is turnable with a LOT of left click spam, it's not where it needs to be.
Why dont you suggest a change instead of making a bug report of nothing.
Also, ive been bending for 1 year now. Why the heck would I go competitive? And I dont care if you "won" waterchief in a server. For all I know, the previous waterchiefs couldve bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.