• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Airbenders Need To Take Fall Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I watched, thats Aangs reaction though, not everyone elses.
Immunity to fall damage is weird because benders are humans too.
Trust me, this isnt some kind of post thats only to my benefit since im trying to get some suggestions.

Unless you suggest something, then dont bother replying.
Hero, you need to learn to accept criticism.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I watched, thats Aangs reaction though, not everyone elses.
Immunity to fall damage is weird because benders are humans too.
Trust me, this isnt some kind of post thats only to my benefit since im trying to get some suggestions.

Unless you suggest something, then dont bother replying.
Everybody does have a different reaction, yes, but its always going to be to try to not get hurt. Like flinching.
Benders are humans, but they are also martial artists and trained to be the best at their elements.

Hero

Verified Member
Everybody does have a different reaction, yes, but its always going to be to try to not get hurt. Like flinching.
Benders are humans, but they are also martial artists and trained to be the best at their elements.
They are not all martial artist. They just have positions like one. And humans will always try not to get hurt, but it doesnt mean that they will succeed. Even pros get hurt.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
They are not all martial artist. They just have positions like one. And humans will always try not to get hurt, but it doesnt mean that they will succeed. Even pros get hurt.
We've still rarely seen Airbender's fail at catching themselves. It's something that they all master at some point.

Hero

Verified Member
He doesn't have to suggest anything helpful if he is trying to disprove you.
Im not asking him to suggest something helpful, im asking he suggest something meaningful because for the past 10 minutes, hes just been annoying. And I know how to take someone criticisms, not someone who keeps trying to disprove me without any real evidence.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Im not asking him to suggest something helpful, im asking he suggest something meaningful because for the past 10 minutes, hes just been annoying. And I know how to take someone criticisms, not someone who keeps trying to disprove me without any real evidence.
He's using the show as evidence, where you are trying to apply real life. Show takes priority over real life in most instances.

Hero

Verified Member
He's using the show as evidence, where you are trying to apply real life. Show takes priority over real life in most instances.
It doesnt need to be canon if thats what you are implying, it justs needs to be practical.

Hero

Verified Member
Well, it does need to be canon as the plugin is recreating the show, not real life.
  • Keep Suggestions Practical. We do not require everything to be from the show, however, we do expect a sense of practicality in suggestions.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
  • Keep Suggestions Practical. We do not require everything to be from the show, however, we do expect a sense of practicality in suggestions.
That is for if you are suggesting something non canon, in which case you are, but the canon aspect of what you are trying to get rid of overrides practicality.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
That is for if you are suggesting something non canon, in which case you are, but the canon aspect of what you are trying to get rid of overrides practicality.
Agreed. If you directly go against the canon it doesn't matter how practical it is.

Hero

Verified Member
In a sense, this is canon because you don't see airbenders doing nothing to stop their fall, they had to do a move. In minecraft, you just do nothing. Im trying to make it close to the show where you have to do a move in order to stop your fall.

Im not talking about like 5 blocks high, in that case, airbenders just glide down.
Im talking about them falling off a cliff.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
In a sense, this is canon because you don't see airbenders doing nothing to stop their fall, they had to do a move. In minecraft, you just do nothing. Im trying to make it close to the show where you have to do a move in order to stop your fall.
In the video I sent, he didn't do anything. He just gently fell.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member

Im not talking about like 5 blocks high, in that case, airbenders just glide down.
Im talking about them falling off a cliff.
Airbenders can control the resistance of the air around them. If their falling that far, they definitely have enough time and resistance to counter than downward momentum. Proof they can control the resistance without a move? When Aang runs very fast, he's reducing the air resistance, and he's not flailing his arms like a maniac when he does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.