• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Airbenders Need To Take Fall Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Airbenders need to take fall damage because !REALITY CHECK!, we're human...
Unless they use a move that will allow them to slowly fall down or a move to null fall damage, they need to take fall damage because is it quite ridiculous for an airbender to rise 20 blocks high only to take no fall damage at all.

Moves like AirBurst when using fall damage should DECREASE fall damage, but not nullify it.
I think 4 hearts of null is good.

Tornado will not null fall damage unless you use it to catch your fall first before you rise to the top. Otherwise, you dead!

Airspout should right out null it because you are slowly descending.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
NOTE: Slowing your fall with AirBlast will null/decrease fall damage. (Just depends when you decided to blast yourself.)

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
You're joking right?

Air is meant for mobility, hence it's speed and jump boost, and thus, negating fall damage.
Airbenders, unless severely beaten or unconscious, always catch themselves when they fall.
Have you even watched the show(s) because if you have, you would know this. Want proof?

This is literally the first time in his life that he airbends, and he manages to do what? Catch himself from falling.
Air nomad student clothing (Aang's outfit from books 1-2) is designed to help young airbenders learn to catch themselves, but providing a parachute. If the air nomads made it a requirement for their learning system, I think most airbenders know how to do it.

Another note: does this mean Earthbender's should also take fall damage?

Hero

Verified Member
You're joking right?

Air is meant for mobility, hence it's speed and jump boost, and thus, negating fall damage.
Airbenders, unless severely beaten or unconscious, always catch themselves when they fall.
Have you even watched the show(s) because if you have, you would know this. Want proof?

This is literally the first time in his life that he airbends, and he manages to do what? Catch himself from falling.
Air nomad student clothing (Aang's outfit from books 1-2) is designed to help young airbenders learn to catch themselves, but providing a parachute. If the air nomads made it a requirement for their learning system, I think most airbenders know how to do it.

Another note: does this mean Earthbender's should also take fall damage?
Why are you always so harsh?

Anyways, I just said give me suggestions. Airbenders currently dont have to do anything. They just fall. He was catching himself.
Because of your picture though, im going to add that airblast will decrease/null fall damage, so thank you for indirectly helping me.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Really, sometimes there are suggestions that I don't like looking at because there is a perfectly good suggestion for it already. :/

Hero

Verified Member
Really, sometimes there are suggestions that I don't like looking at because there is a perfectly good suggestion for it already. :/
Im sorry, I just found it. But I think my post contains a little bit more detail.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I really don't think using abilities is the way to go with reducing fall damage.

Hero

Verified Member
I really don't think using abilities is the way to go with reducing fall damage.
I think its the way to go because in the show, you dont see an airbender falling and not doing anything to catch themselves only to be perfectly fine.
In the show, they had to catch themselves with a move and sometimes it only decreases how much damage they took from falling.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Also, he was just using normal human reflexes, which is to cover your sensory organs (your face) and he prceeded to airbend, and survived. I'm pretty sure a trained airbender (one who is capable of suffocating, and making tornadoes) could do this.

On the topic of
!REALITY CHECK!, we're human...
Another reality check, this is Minecraft. The game where you can carry 257,424 Kg in your pockets, while wearing 297.6 Kg as armo(u)r, and still swim through the ocean as if you were carrying nothing and naked. which is a grand total of 257,424 Kg or if you prefer pounds, 566.6 tons, and swimming like a dolphin. Where do I get my numbers from?

The average gold bar weighs 12.4Kg It takes 9 to make a block, so that's 111.6 Kg in one block, which keep in mind is still being generous because a 1 m^3 of gold would weigh LOTS more. Then you can hold 64 in one slot, so thats 7,142.4 Kg in one inventory slot. You have 36 slots of inventory so thats 257,126.4 Kg and with a full set of gold armor, you get 257,424 Kg.

Hero

Verified Member
Also, he was just using normal human reflexes, which is to cover your sensory organs (your face) and he prceeded to airbend, and survived. I'm pretty sure a trained airbender (one who is capable of suffocating, and making tornadoes) could do this.

On the topic of

Another reality check, this is Minecraft. The game where you can carry 257,424 Kg in your pockets, while wearing 297.6 Kg as armo(u)r, and still swim through the ocean as if you were carrying nothing and naked. which is a grand total of 257,424 Kg or if you prefer pounds, 566.6 tons, and swimming like a dolphin. Where do I get my numbers from?

The average gold bar weighs 12.4Kg It takes 9 to make a block, so that's 111.6 Kg in one block, which keep in mind is still being generous because a 1 m^3 of gold would weigh LOTS more. Then you can hold 64 in one slot, so thats 7,142.4 Kg in one inventory slot. You have 36 slots of inventory so thats 257,126.4 Kg and with a full set of gold armor, you get 257,424 Kg.
Airbenders may be able to survive them, but you can't compare one thing to everyone because peope react to different things. Don't try to act smart when you can't look on the other side.

HydroMan

Verified Member
There was one time where Korra could have succesfully fallen and get injured if it wasn't for Tenzin saving her fall.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Earthbenders have fall damage because they hit their element at the end of a fall regardless of how far they fall
Yet in your mind, despite falling through their element for the entirety of the fall and yet shouldn't be able to naturally save themselves.

A little airbending instruction: Airbenders manage to run at incredible speeds because they reduce the air resistance in front of them to none, and create a reverse draft behind them pushing them forward. We never see Aang frantically airbending as he runs as this is something that airbenders can do with relative ease, as with gently falling. Proof: 0:38

Hero

Verified Member
Earthbenders have fall damage because they hit their element at the end of a fall regardless of how far they fall
Yet in your mind, despite falling through their element for the entirety of the fall and yet shouldn't be able to naturally save themselves.

A little airbending instruction: Airbenders manage to run at incredible speeds because they reduce the air resistance in front of them to none, and create a reverse draft behind them pushing them forward. We never see Aang frantically airbending as he runs as this is something that airbenders can do with relative ease, as with gently falling. Proof: 0:38
Im trying to find a way to get earthbenders to take fall damage, but have some way of null/decreasing it :p

And you keep comparing one time and then expect everyone else being able to do the same. We are human, we have different ways of reacting to things.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Im trying to find a way to get earthbenders to take fall damage, but have some way of null/decreasing it :p
1. What's your issue with immunity to fall damage?
2. You kind of disregard the rest of that post, especially how Aang naturally slow falls in the video

Hero

Verified Member
1. What's your issue with immunity to fall damage?
2. You kind of disregard the rest of that post, especially how Aang naturally slow falls in the video
I watched, thats Aangs reaction though, not everyone elses.
Immunity to fall damage is weird because benders are humans too.
Trust me, this isnt some kind of post thats only to my benefit since im trying to get some suggestions.

Unless you suggest something, then dont bother replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.