• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Ice Physics, Ice Falling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
I think there should be a check to see if there is an ice ball in the air so if a player is in an ice ball, they would fall and take damage as the ice shatters. So what if you freeze someone with surge in the air? The "checks" would begin and after everything is done, the ice would fall and damage anyone near it for 2 HP (1 Heart). For the player caught in the falling ice, they would be damaged for 4 HP (2 Hearts).

Here is an example.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Extra clarification please?
I believe he wants to make the ice to be effect by gravity, like how sand and gravel is. I think he wants the ice to fall if someone his frozen by a freezingmoving, making that someone fall and take damage after hitting the ground or by the shatter of ice.

Hero

Verified Member
I believe he wants to make the ice to be effect by gravity, like how sand and gravel is. I think he wants the ice to fall if someone his frozen by a freezingmoving, making that someone fall and take damage after hitting the ground or by the shatter of ice.
Yep.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think there should be a check to see if there is an ice ball in the air so if a player is in an ice ball, they would fall and take damage as the ice shatters. So what if you freeze someone with surge in the air? The "checks" would begin and after everything is done, the ice would fall and damage anyone near it for 2 HP (1 Heart). For the player caught in the falling ice, they would be damaged for 4 HP (2 Hearts).

Here is an example.
I like it

HydroMan

Verified Member
Speaking of that,if having this gravity applied for ice,then the same thing could be consider for earthsmash ability ,that the boulder of the ability should only be held in thin air when the user holds shift at it, as the boulders look weird floating around when not in use. Would be cool if the same effect would be applied on earthsmash, except it won't shatter/collapse after falling to ground

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Speaking of that,if having this gravity applied for ice,then the same thing could be consider for earthsmash ability should only be held in thin air when the user holds shift at it, as the boulders look weird floating around when not in use. Would be cool if the same effect would be applied on earthsmash, except it won't shatter/collapse
Yeah, it should fall to the ground when its not in use.

djmyernos

Verified Member
Sounds cool. Would make it a little more like the real world...but...it's not the real world. It's Minecraft. In minecraft the only things that have gravity are sand, gravel, etc. Not ice or dirt, stone, or sandstone. Not that I wouldn't be happy if this wasn't added, but this is still Minecraft after all.

Hero

Verified Member
Sounds cool. Would make it a little more like the real world...but...it's not the real world. It's Minecraft. In minecraft the only things that have gravity are sand, gravel, etc. Not ice or dirt, stone, or sandstone. Not that I wouldn't be happy if this wasn't added, but this is still Minecraft after all.
Im not talking about gravity like sand, just if there is a ice block in the air, there should be a check so it can be slammed into the ground.

HydroMan

Verified Member
But it can be turn into a fallingentity ;)

promancer

Verified Member
So artificial fall dmg? Sounds good xD. But then you have to take into part that earth does something similar and doesnt take dmg...

Hero

Verified Member
He's saying earth should do it too but I don't see what moves earth has that trap people in the sky
Oh, same.

Unless you make a 3 x 3 square and then click to have an earth surge that raps around the victim....

Of course that would never happen........hint hint.

Last edited:

6tijn

Verified Member
Damn unrealistic brah.
I know minecrfat is not about realism, nut it just looks stoopeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.