• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[EARTHBENDING] [NEWMOVE] Earthquake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Earthquake should be a new earthbending move. Instead of doing a ton of damage like most people would suggest, EarthQuake should give the player a nasuea effect for a config amount of seconds. Preferably 3 seconds. Earthbenders can have a hard time with attack since most of their moves take a few moments for it to hit or be ready.

It would start by you shifting on an area and click in a direction. As the

The moves that can stop Earthquake are:
  • Raise Earth
  • Surge Shield (Ice)
  • Other Earthquakes

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
How would you "daze" somebody? Like, what effects would be applied to them?

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Nausea, the potion effect in minecraft. :p
Okay, I wasn't sure because usually when making a suggestion you have to explain what it would do to a player from a minecraft technical point of you

Hero

Verified Member
Okay, I wasn't sure because usually when making a suggestion you have to explain what it would do to a player from a minecraft technical point of you
Yeah sorry :p You get the idea though, having someone dazed can help an earthbender out.

Pur3_Fox

Verified Member
Why would an Ice shield stop the effects of earthquake? I don't get that!
its like shockwave, surgeshield stops the effects of that if u place it on the floor or hide behind it, the earthquake effect would originate from the player that used the move

HydroMan

Verified Member
its like shockwave, surgeshield stops the effects of that if u place it on the floor or hide behind it, the earthquake effect would originate from the player that used the move
But what if the earthquake is already happening? Unless if he referrs placing the shield below your feet that makes some sense.

Pur3_Fox

Verified Member
But what if the earthquake is already happening? Unless if he referrs placing the shield below your feet that makes some sense.
i think he means on your feet but not a clue i think if you used icewall on land an someone used earthquake the icewall would crumble but with surge you could block it because you're constantly holding the source but only by putting it under your feet

HydroMan

Verified Member
i think he means on your feet but not a clue i think if you used icewall on land an someone used earthquake the icewall would crumble but with surge you could block it because you're constantly holding the source but only by putting it under your feet
If so ,raiseearth wouldn't be able to stop it but only block it before the quake reaches you.

Pur3_Fox

Verified Member
If so ,raiseearth wouldn't be able to stop it but only block it before the quake reaches you.
indeed i think earthwall would crumble too and earthgrab,, think the only way to stop it would be by being an airbender or using surgeshield

Hero

Verified Member
indeed i think earthwall would crumble too and earthgrab,, think the only way to stop it would be by being an airbender or using surgeshield
There must be something under you thats not earth to block earth quake; the most simple way is to be in the air. ;)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
See the only problem i see, is that falling blocks if I'm not mistaken, are like air in a way. They pass through each other, but not through solid blocks. So it would be really difficult to make earthquake stop another earthquake

Hero

Verified Member
See the only problem i see, is that falling blocks if I'm not mistaken, are like air in a way. They pass through each other, but not through solid blocks. So it would be really difficult to make earthquake stop another earthquake
In that case, ill just make it not.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If the block the first EQ is at is the same as the second EQ, then stop it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.