• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Dehydration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
In all honesty, this move isn't that bad. But I do see some spots where it is a bit unreasonable. I believe it would be better as a add on move.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Because it was never shown in the tv show bending is based off of.
So? We are at the point where we need to start exploring more options for the actual plugin, there have been more addons made in the past few months than there are moves in the plugin.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
your arguement is void, you pretty much said it yourself we dont know what happened so please go away hater, google what happens when you drown.

do you just hate on every move thats posted? im pretty sure if it can be done on plants it can be done on people, bloodbending is still possible so it would be possible to bend the water out of a persons body weather being through the skin or through the mouth its still a valid and very possible move ^_^
1. How is my argument void? Water doesn't go into your lungs until you die.
2. Plants are 90% water, making it easier to pull out. Big difference.
3. Animal cells and plant cells are VASTLY different when it comes right down to it.
4. Animals are vastly more complex than plants.
5. I don't hate on all moves. I just bring up flaws, impracticality, and non-canon attributes of moves that have these things.
6. Now that the series is over, and we aren't going to see any new mind blowing things like we saw in book 3, (lava and suffocating) we can't go making them up. When it comes to how canon something is we need to see if it was ever seen in the series, or given enough reason to believe it is. This is not canon because it's never been seen, and too extreme to be accurately tested for being canon.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
1. How is my argument void? Water doesn't go into your lungs until you die.
2. Plants are 90% water, making it easier to pull out. Big difference.
3. Animal cells and plant cells are VASTLY different when it comes right down to it.
4. Animals are vastly more complex than plants.
5. I don't hate on all moves. I just bring up flaws, impracticality, and non-canon attributes of moves that have these things.
6. Now that the series is over, and we aren't going to see any new mind blowing things like we saw in book 3, (lava and suffocating) we can't go making them up. When it comes to how canon something is we need to see if it was ever seen in the series, or given enough reason to believe it is. This is not canon because it's never been seen, and too extreme to be accurately tested for being canon.
1. google what happens when u drown it doesnt reach your lungs untill you're unconcious, when you're unconcious your body relaxes allowing the water to seep into your lungs, lungs also have blood inside of them which consists of water, and for all we know katara could have been pulling it from his stomach while aang was unconcious.
2. we're 80% water 10% isnt that much of a difference
3. yes they're different but the utility remains the same
4. read 2
5. it just seems that you're doing it alot of the time and most of the time it looks like you're just picking at the suggestion sorry if im wrong but its the way you're coming across, aswell as most of the comments being almost duplicates of commens on other moves when its already been explained or looked into
6. we still have ALOT and i really mean ALOT ALOT of moves left to make from the show like LOADS but people like you (no offence intended) seem t be argueing against these moves being made so what do u wanna do next?
this move was seen in the show but not to this extremety and seeing as waterbenders can draw water from ANY source of water including the human body, we must asume that this is a canon move going by your logic :p

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
1. google what happens when u drown it doesnt reach your lungs untill you're unconcious, when you're unconcious your body relaxes allowing the water to seep into your lungs, lungs also have blood inside of them which consists of water, and for all we know katara could have been pulling it from his stomach while aang was unconcious.
2. we're 80% water 10% isnt that much of a difference
3. yes they're different but the utility remains the same
4. read 2
5. it just seems that you're doing it alot of the time and most of the time it looks like you're just picking at the suggestion sorry if im wrong but its the way you're coming across, aswell as most of the comments being almost duplicates of commens on other moves when its already been explained or looked into
6. we still have ALOT and i really mean ALOT ALOT of moves left to make from the show like LOADS but people like you (no offence intended) seem t be argueing against these moves being made so what do u wanna do next?
this move was seen in the show but not to this extremety and seeing as waterbenders can draw water from ANY source of water including the human body, we must asume that this is a canon move going by your logic :p
1. We're 70% water.
2. Water is in different locations in cells
3. Animals are designed to have water move throughout their entire, and more complex body.
4. Consider this. Bloodbenders bloodbend by moving the water inside a person's body around, and they don't seem to do it gently

If ripping water out of body is as easy as you claim, then shouldn't all the water be ripped out of Mako's body by that?
Keep in mind Amon of all people, the greatest bloodbender in history had to use his arms to do this.
Look at this

Look how easily Hama pulls water out of plants, which are thin little bags of water.

And I'm not arguing against every single move that's ever been suggested. I just keep the following things in mind
1. Is this move needed?
2. Can the function of this move already be achieved?
3. Is there any evidence of this?
4. Do we need more moves, or more features in the RPG and Items plugin?

Look at extraction, we never SAW it in the show, but we know its possible because of what we've seen earth and metal benders do on numerous occasions. Even if some people don't like it because it was never actually shown, it doesn't ruin the plugin because it's a minor utility move. Not a move as powerful and scary as Bloodbending and as deadly as suffocate.

owlcool

Verified Member
1. We're 70% water.
3. Animals are designed to have water move throughout their entire, and more complex body.
4. Consider this. Bloodbenders bloodbend by moving the water inside a person's body around, and they don't seem to do it gently

If ripping water out of body is as easy as you claim, then shouldn't all the water be ripped out of Mako's body by that?
Keep in mind Amon of all people, the greatest bloodbender in history had to use his arms to do this.
Look at this

Look how easily Hama pulls water out of plants, which are thin little bags of water.

And I'm not arguing against every single move that's ever been suggested. I just keep the following things in mind
1. Is this move needed?

Look at extraction, we never SAW it in the show, but we know its possible because of what we've seen earth and metal benders do on numerous occasions. Even if some people don't like it because it was never actually shown, it doesn't ruin the plugin because it's a minor utility move. Not a move as powerful and scary as Bloodbending and as deadly as suffocate.
4. I reserve the right to think that Amon's father was the best bloodbender, as he was able to bloodbend a whole courtroom including the avatar and toph, in which he didn't even use his arms.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
4. I reserve the right to think that Amon's father was the best bloodbender, as he was able to bloodbend a whole courtroom including the avatar and toph, in which he didn't even use his arms.
True. But to be fair, he just immobilized them, not really slam them or throw them around.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
1. We're 70% water.

Look at this

1. Is this move needed?

1. my bad 20%
2. lets compare boodbending to metalbending, does this mean that metalbending should also not be allowed as it's also bending minute pieces of earth inside of the metal? ass its the same aspect as bloodbending tiny bits of water inside of someone...

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
1. We're 70% water.

Look at this

1. Is this move needed?

your arguement is still invalid it would just be a water version of extraction but instead of taking Pure ore from ground, you're taking it from someones body... you've jsut helped explain it a little better thanks :D

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
your arguement is still invalid it would just be a water version of extraction but instead of taking Pure ore from ground, you're taking it from someones body... you've jsut helped explain it a little better thanks :D
*edit* an if this suggestion is a bad idea then so is extraction because metalbenders can only bend impure metal (stuff with bits of dirt inside it)

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
this suggestion is implimentable in minecraft and fits the criteria or being a canon move also ^_^ as we HAVE seen katara withdraw wateer from another body

Status
Not open for further replies.