• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Offlinebending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
First of all, I really didn't know where to suggest this: if in RPG, Downloads, Misc.... x.x

So, hi, and I want to suggest something that would be nice for most of the people that lag tons when playing. The thing I most like in this plugin is using Bending Arts as a tool (Lion-Turtles wouldn't like me x-x), but even with lag, building with WaterSpout can get really hard.

By the title, I suggest a version that a player can play without getting online in any server, aka Singleplayer, so he/she can experience PK gifts and goodies without that laggy curse. Most of the people call this a MOD :3

I know that this Plugin, when done, it will become a mod when complete. But this awesome plugin is far far away from being completed. New ideas always came out, so it would be hard to compile all in one single file.

It would work like this (I know 0/100 about programimng, BTW): A normal compressed file that you would download and then install (IDK if Forge is needed, but meh). There would be a folder where you could add your unofficial abilities that you would download from these Forums and text documents to mess with the perms and configurations.

There should be some updates where the new additions of the Plugin woulld also update to the Mod.

Cons: Lots of work would be needed.
Competition with Avatar: The Last Blockbender (?) or​
Pros: Completing Avatar: The Last Blockbender (?)
Players can play offline and create their own rules.​

Thanks for reading! I hope this gets implemented, in a close or far future.

jedk1

Heres a super simple solution that saves time and effort!
  1. Download the spigot BuildTools.jar
  2. Obtain a copy of 1.8 spigot via BuildTools
  3. Set up a local private server
  4. Connect to said server via LocalHost
  5. OP yourself via Console
  6. Experience bending all in the realms of offline goodness.
Alternate Options:
  1. Find a server closer to you so you have a lower ping.
  2. Purchase a server via hosting company near you and set it up there.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Heres a super simple solution that saves time and effort!
  1. Download the spigot BuildTools.jar
  2. Obtain a copy of 1.8 spigot via BuildTools
  3. Set up a local private server
  4. Connect to said server via LocalHost
  5. OP yourself via Console
  6. Experience bending all in the realms of offline goodness.
Alternate Options:
  1. Find a server closer to you so you have a lower ping.
  2. Purchase a server via hosting company near you and set it up there.
My computer can't afford some tools needed to set up the server.
This mod would skip all this stuff xD

V

Vidcom

From the Core FAQ:

Can you make this a single player mod?
This is planned, but not for the near future. We have several other things we'd like to work on before we even begin working on the single player mod. Additionally, work on the single player mod will take a bit longer than the plugin would, as we would have to essentially code the whole ProjectKorra thing from scratch over there, as well as learn a new API. This idea has been shelved for a while and there is no ETA as to when it will be worked on again.

Thread denied, but the concept isn't, just a way of making sure we don't see repeats :p

Status
Not open for further replies.