• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New Air Move!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE ENTIRE THREAD, THANK YOU.

Name: AirGust (If type in the replies if you want it to just be "Gust". I didn't call it Gust because people will start thinking I am copying off Pokemon again -_-)

Element: Air

Damage: A bit stronger than non-charged airswipe.

Knockback: Same amount of knockback as airblast.

How it looks like: It would look like a fat version of Airblast that does damage.

Purpose: Since servers now-a-days are trying to balance out the elements on their servers, they aren't going to download SonicBlast. So that leaves only AirSwipe and maybe AirBreath as the only direct contact damaging air moves and airbreath requires you to hold shift giving very little mobility when using the move. So air needs more decent direct damaging moves.

How to use: Do /bending bind AirGust and left click.

FAQ: Q: Air doesn't JUST rely on AirSwipe and maybe Airbreath! It has that OP wall collision damage!
A: "DIRECT DAMAGING MOVES"

Q: Air also has Suffocate which IS a direct damaging move!
A: Suffocate requires you to stand in place while holding shift giving very little mobility for the airbender when using Suffocate.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE ENTIRE THREAD, THANK YOU.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Lol, I already made this for a server.
I guess a move called AirPunch is what you are looking for?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Q: Air also has Suffocate which IS a direct damaging move!
A: Suffocate requires you to stand in place while holding shift giving very little mobility for the airbender when using Suffocate.
And there is also airsweep combo

Janny

Verified Member
Lol, I already made this for a server.
I guess a move called AirPunch is what you are looking for?
No, AirPunch sounds like something that you would need to "punch". I mean a gust of wind that does damage.

Janny

Verified Member
This is how AirGust would look like: Go on any server and become an airbender. Bind airswipe and then look directly above you and then use airswipe. It will look like a fat version of airblast. THATS how it should look it.

V

Vidcom

Air is fairly hard to work with in terms of base damage, and it's kinda easy to see why if you think of it in the way you would of wind.

Imagine a very strong wind. Your entire body is being blasted with air, and your hair is probably the most moving, you might get a little chilly, etc. Now, if we replaced that same volume of air with that of water, you would be washed away fairly rapidly. If it was fire or earth, you'd probably be dead.
And then there's air which might mess up your hair.

It's damn near impossible to assign base damage to air in a context that makes any sense, which isn't just it being used to throw players into things that would hurt if they hit it hard (wall damage!) or if its a very precise shot that can apply such a huge pressure over a very small area (airswipe! airsweep!). This particular suggestion is a large, wide blast, so the pressure logic doesn't work, and quantity neither from our previous analogy. Because of all of this, I'm denying the suggestion simply because direct damage doesn't really make any sense here. Keep suggesting though! You definitely have the mindset for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.