• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

A small Waterbending animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
Hey everyone! This is probably the smallest suggestion I've made but, I think it'd make a cool addition water (when being extracted) to extend out towards where it is moving before breaking off into its own move. For an example let's say I wanted to create a torrent, instead of taking a single block of water and somehow magically multiplying it around myself, it would begin stream out as the total amount of water blocks a torrent has before breaking off entirely. This will not only apply to torrent, for things like octopus from can be the exact same way (of course lower). And if you use water manipulation, the move will extend much further BEFORE breaking off, making it look like a cool water whip up close :)

EX:

(Blue wool represents the torrent's usual path around the player, Red represents where the player is, and the Light Blue wool it represents the actual torrent.)

Step 1. Source

Step 2. Extension

Step 3: Breaking (Take note that the original stream of water is becoming a part of the torrent itself)

Last edited:

Janny

Verified Member
I understand what you are saying, but why would you nerf waterbenders? Waterbenders already have to go through the struggle of having to find water or plant life in sever bending arenas, why would you make it so hard as to making it that they need a water source as big as torrent to make an actual torrent? Imagine how much water you would need to make a single surge with your idea.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I understand what you are saying, but why would you nerf waterbenders? Waterbenders already have to go through the struggle of having to find water or plant life in sever bending arenas.
That's one of the properties that balances it.

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
I know, and its alright, but making it so that you need the right amount of water to use the water bending move you want is ridiculous.
No no no, you misunderstand. It's not actually going to TAKE that much water, what I'm aiming for is for the water to visibly STRETCH out towards the player before breaking off. I'm gonna make a visual right now in a sec so check back in an hour or so if you still don't understand.

Matt

Verified Member
I love this idea, however it would take a large amount of code modification to do this, rn torrent has like 2 vectors and pulls one towards the other and displays a block as it pulls, though I still think this would look neat

Status
Not open for further replies.