• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Avatar Combo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
Name: Scalding Claw
Elements: Water and Fire
Ability or Combo: Combo
State: Regular Avatar.
Range: A large range (20-40 pick in the replies :D)
How to do: Fireshield (Hold-LShift), Torrent (Left-Click), Blaze (Let go of LShift), Surge (Hold-LShift), Surge (Left-Click)
How it looks: A claw made out of sky blue particles like the ones from lightning and it can be controlled like a torrent whip. When the player clicks, the claw will stop and will do a scratch like an animal with a claw would do if it was under attack. Any player caught it the claw will be set on fire and hurt with a bit of knockback.
How its not OP: This move would be INCREDIBLY hard to actually land a hit. Also, the combo is decently long so during doing the combo you would be vulnerable to any attack.
FAQ: Q: Its water, how the hell are you to be burned by water?
A: Fire is used in this combo and the word Scald means: "To injure with very hot liquid or steam."

Q: What does the "Let go of LShift" in the blaze part of the combo mean?
A: If you have ever done the "FireWheel" firecombo, you know what I mean. If you have not done the "FireWheel"
firecombo, it means switching to the blaze slot and letting go of the LShift key.

Q: This would be WAY too OP in the AvatarState.
A: First of all, this move's default buff from AvatarState shouldn't be too extreme. Second of all, the AvatarState
buff of any move can be configured in the console by the Owner of the server.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Name: Scalding Claw
Elements: Water and Fire
Ability or Combo: Combo
State: Regular Avatar.
Range: A large range (20-40 pick in the replies :D)
How to do: Fireshield (Hold-LShift), Torrent (Left-Click), Blaze (Let go of LShift), Surge (Hold-LShift), Surge (Left-Click)
I'm going to make a prediction. Here it is: This move will not be added.

Janny

Verified Member
I'm going to make a prediction. Here it is: This move will not be added.
And why is that? The Scalding Claw may have not shown an appearance in the show but can. Guys almost EVERYTHING is possible in the Avatar World. Just the characters (the creators) never thought of them. And this is NOT an OP move. It has TERRIBLE accuracy and would take at least 1-3 days of practicing to get good with the accuracy of the move.

HydroMan

Verified Member
That, is a question I do not know how to awnser.
Avatar uses the combo Scalding Claw ,then the firebender gets caught by the claw ,however the firebender had selected heatcontrol as he cant be set on fire. But will he have any damage caused by the claw even tho he is not ignited due to the heatcontrol ability? Also ,would the other waterbender be able to freeze the scalding claw?
EDIT: nvm , i forgot that the claw are just some particles ,not plain water ,so it definatlly cant be frozen by

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I think specifically making it a claw just for the heck of it is a bit much. Aside from that, perhaps at a later date, we'll have a need for hot water moves but not currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.