• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Sozin's Comet and Full Moon

What do you think about this idea?

• No, I think current Day and Night buffs are fine and good enough

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Verified Member
In minecraft, the moon has 8 phases:
  • New Moon
  • Waxing Crescent
  • First Quarter
  • Waxing Gibbous
  • Full Moon
  • Waning Gibbous
  • Last Quarter
  • Waning Crescent
What i was thinking was. What if we buff Waterbenders during full moon? It takes 7 nights for it to appear so it wouldn't be that OP? Regular waterbenders would have the ability to bloodbend (Configurable) And moves increase.

Dont worry, I'm not leaving fire out.
Fire would have the same. Once in every 7 days Sozin's Comet appears. Buffing fire moves.
What do you think about this?

The Full Moon and Sozin's Comet option would be able to be toggled off or on with the Config

Buffs that would people would get: Longer range, Shorter charge time, Width and Height (In cases like surge shield, walloffire etc) and damage buffs.

Last edited:

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
The Full Moon option already exists in the plugin as of v1.2.0. Sozin's comet will be a stronger buff if implemented, and a little less frequent than every 7 days (Considering it was every 100 years in the show)

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I feel a x5 multiplier would be appropriate for Sozin's comet, appearing oonce every 90 Minecraft days or so.

ashe36

Verified Member
It would be interesting if instead of having Sozin's Comet configured in, seeing as it's difficult to keep track with Minecraft days and nights if the sun is always the same, what if there was an option to turn on Sozin's Comet, automatically making firebenders more powerful. This could turn into a sort of server event, and maybe happen once a month or whatever the admins would decide. Just an idea, and just a bit of building off. I do think that The Comet and Black Sun should be added.

Joeri

Verified Member
The Full Moon option already exists in the plugin as of v1.2.0. Sozin's comet will be a stronger buff if implemented, and a little less frequent than every 7 days (Considering it was every 100 years in the show)
Yay! And i was saying every 7 days because yea... 1000 years is a little... long

Last edited:

masterkael

Verified Member
i think 100 mine days and i would say "sozins comet is arriving" same with day of black sun every 31 days. i say 100 days because its 100 years.

Elzoz

Verified Member
Well Its just Kinda useless coding if Its not that long, but make it configubal and set it on like 30 days and black sen every 14 Day mayby?

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
Make the default for sozin's comet say 50 minecraft days blacksun every 25 days and the lunar eclipse thing every 24 days. But of course it'd be configurable.

ashe36

Verified Member
Yeah, hoping for a /bending event command. And, just saying, just because you say "DEVELOPERS MAKE IT HAPPEN" doesn't mean they're going to. There's a lot more that goes into it then that XD

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Lol yeah. Ultimately, if Mist says its gonna happen, it happens, and if he doesn't it doesn't

Badger237

everyone is forgetting about the Blood Moon!! I mean it would be just like Black Sun only for Water Benders!! I think if it was implemented it should be opposite Black Sun like if Black Sun happened on every Wednesday it would be on Saturday so that the events were equal and either nation would have their disadvantage in the same time lapse. But then, after all of this, what happens to Earth and Air Benders??

Status
Not open for further replies.