• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

LavaStar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
This is my first suggestion so sorry if its a little unclear.

LavaStar
Element: Earth
Move: LavaStar
Damage: 2 hearts + fire
Range: 25 blocks
Avatar State: Increased Damage, +5 block range, goes through enemies (basically pierces), -0.5 sec hold time.
Description: the move will work by holding shift while looking at an earth bendable block for 1.5 seconds. At 1.5 seconds black smoke will appear (If you use a lava source block instead of a normal earthbendable block the charge time is only 0.5 seconds). Releasing shift will cause a small sliver of lava to appear in front of the player. Left clicking will cause the lava to shoot forward faster than EarthBlast to where the player clicked. You can change the direction of the star by clicking in a different direction. Changing slot will cause the lava to disappear.
Interaction with other moves: Is blocked by AirShield or contact with any water move. Is not blocked by FireShield or FireWall.
Based on: Ghazan (thanks to borderlandsdude19 for telling me his name) used it to escape from the jail (this is just what I heard, I missed that episode).
image.jpg
The LavaStar should use this stage of lava.

Please let me know what you think!

Last edited:

greenwolf5

Verified Member
I'm not sure if it's just because lava is new or something, but that is one of the best suggestions, It gives lava benders a move that doesn't need lava and because it's charged it is very well balanced I hope this gets added.

videogamefish

Verified Member
I have dreamed of lava bending ever since I first played on a bending server, Roku was my favorite avatar from Tla and he was a lavabender. I feel a move like that would be balanced, but it feels a lot like a lava version of earth blast. Maybe a move which turns a small area in front of you into lava, (like what Ghazan does) then you could use the lava as a source. Possible after walking a distance away from the lava it turns back into rock, like phase change?

Immallama

Verified Member
The lava should follow your cursor too. Ghazan was shown using the same pieces multiple times in different directions.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
The lava should follow your cursor too. Ghazan was shown using the same pieces multiple times in different directions.
I agree. I'll add it to the suggestion.
I have dreamed of lava bending ever since I first played on a bending server, Roku was my favorite avatar from Tla and he was a lavabender. I feel a move like that would be balanced, but it feels a lot like a lava version of earth blast. Maybe a move which turns a small area in front of you into lava, (like what Ghazan does) then you could use the lava as a source. Possible after walking a distance away from the lava it turns back into rock, like phase change?
it is kind of like a lava version of earth blast but more powerful and has a charge time
i can make this for u i can code it all for u what code is it for this ability?
Sorry. I'd like the Project Korra developers to make this default to the plugin. Thanks for asking though

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Sorry. I'd like the Project Korra developers to make this default to the plugin. Thanks for asking though
Beggars can't be choosers. Not every ability is going to be a default in the plugin, nor should they be. If that were the case then we could have just kept the old Bending plugin and added onto that. In my opinion we should be trying to embrace the idea of plug-and-play modular abilities.

I like the idea of a LavaShuriken/LavaStar type ability, the scene where Ghazan breaks from the wooden prison is awesome.

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Beggars can't be choosers. Not every ability is going to be a default in the plugin, nor should they be. If that were the case then we could have just kept the old Bending plugin and added onto that. In my opinion we should be trying to embrace the idea of plug-and-play modular abilities.

I like the idea of a LavaShuriken/LavaStar type ability, the scene where Ghazan breaks from the wooden prison is awesome.
Sorry if I was rude. If gabe would like to make this ability that is fine.

videogamefish

Verified Member
I feel like lava has more potential, seeing like water it has different animation (Forms) than just a block, the thing that annoys me with earth is its just blocks, lava I feel has a potential to be like water and not be just a block flying around. [ I realize there are other moves to earth than earth blast ;) ]

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Nyeh... I'm not very impressed with lavasurge.... It's not as canon to the series and kinda obviously a waterbending dupe... I like your lava star idea.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Update.
Added suggestion for Avatar State and Interaction with other moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.