• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Dragon Ascent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
Element: Air.
Damage: 6 damage to 8 damage (3 hearts to 4 hearts).
Range: 50 Blocks (Please dont think its OP, its not).
Speed: Almost teleportation speed but not exact.
How to use: Do /bending bind dragonascent, to use it you have to be atleast 10 blocks above the ground, then just click where you want to go and you will go 50 blocks in that direction at almost teleportation speed, if you aim at the ground and you hit a player, it will do damage to the player.
Other uses: You can use it escape from a battle at extreme speeds.
Comments: Just because the name has the word "Dragon" does NOT mean it has automatically a firebending ability.
Why its not OP in PVP: This ability has HORRIBLE accuracy as you cannot control where you go after you click in the air.
What its similar to: Its similar to how dragons would something fight. They would soar into the sky and blast towards their opponent.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ok so I have a few problems with this.
One: Lag. This would most likely make everything laggy.
Two: Ridiculousness. No airbender in the show ever did this, nor does it entirely make sense. Dragons were masters of Fire, not air.
Three: AirBlast can already send you pretty far
Four: Most arenas for bending aren't big enough for this. Not that I've seen many. Like maybe 2 arenas.

Janny

Verified Member
Ok so I have a few problems with this.
One: Lag. This would most likely make everything laggy.
Two: Ridiculousness. No airbender in the show ever did this, nor does it entirely make sense. Dragons were masters of Fire, not air.
Three: AirBlast can already send you pretty far
Four: Most arenas for bending aren't big enough for this. Not that I've seen many. Like maybe 2 arenas.
One: Almost teleportation speed should not create lag unless you have a crappy server.
Two: Not ridiculous. No airbenders have done this is in the show but they should be able to they just never thought about it. I clearly said in the suggestion "Just because the name has the word "Dragon" does NOT mean it has automatically a firebending ability.".
Three: Airblast launches you from the ground, not from the air.
Four: If the arena isnt 50 blocks across, the player would stop at the arena walls bordering it :/ (Most arena should be more than 50 blocks across anyways).

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
One: Almost teleportation speed should not create lag unless you have a crappy server.
Two: Not ridiculous. No airbenders have done this is in the show but they should be able to they just never thought about it. I clearly said in the suggestion "Just because the name has the word "Dragon" does NOT mean it has automatically a firebending ability.".
Three: Airblast launches you from the ground, not from the air.
Four: If the arena isnt 50 blocks across, the player would stop at the arena walls bordering it :/ (Most arena should be more than 50 blocks across anyways).
It would create lag because you would be going faster than 10 speed, which is fast enough to make chunks unload for a few seconds.
Airbenders would not be able to use the wind to go such speeds. And I didn't say it was a firebending ability, I just said that Dragons were the master firebenders.

Janny

Verified Member
It would create lag because you would be going faster than 10 speed, which is fast enough to make chunks unload for a few seconds.
Airbenders would not be able to use the wind to go such speeds. And I didn't say it was a firebending ability, I just said that Dragons were the master firebenders.
That would make the user lag. The server wouldn't lag because AN player's chuncks aren't loading fast enough.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No, but if I were an airbender I would airblast to get away from said battle

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
With airblast you can use it (if you're adept in airblasting) to send yourself towards the ground while falling.. Shift then wait a second and click.. Sends you right to the ground :)

Janny

Verified Member
With airblast you can use it (if you're adept in airblasting) to send yourself towards the ground while falling.. Shift then wait a second and click.. Sends you right to the ground :)
Airblast did that? I didnt know... Well Dragon Ascent does that, but damaging :D

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Denied. You can launch yourself wherever you want to go with AirBlast if you do it correctly. @Archiuz posted a video on the forum somewhere with information about the many different ways to use AirBlast!

Status
Not open for further replies.