• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Lightning Randomnization

owlcool

Verified Member
Use: This would separate lightning users into a few categorys. First off, a firebender would have a 50% chance to know just plain firebending. 35% To know just plain lightning redirection(see zuko,), and that would have a few more things added. You would be able to take a source like from a lever switched on, and redstone that is lit. 10% to know both lightning generation, and 5% to know both. This will be off by default of course, but of course it could be turned on and would be completely configurable.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Use: This would separate lightning users into a few categorys. First off, a firebender would have a 50% chance to know just plain firebending. 35% To know just plain lightning redirection(see zuko,), and that would have a few more things added. You would be able to take a source like from a lever switched on, and redstone that is lit. 10% to know both lightning generation, and 5% to know both. This will be off by default of course, but of course it could be turned on and would be completely configurable.
I kinda like the idea of certain sub benders anyway, but most things would just be able by permissions, but I think the redirecting and the generating should be a seperate one too.

owlcool

Verified Member
I kinda like the idea of certain sub benders anyway, but most things would just be able by permissions, but I think the redirecting and the generating should be a seperate one too.
All the more, it makes lightning bending unique.

owlcool

Verified Member
I like it but in the show, it was a learned skill not a thing that you are born with. Correct me if I am wrong.
Some people such as Zuko were unable to generate lightning, this would represent that. Korra also never learned how to generate lightning and she was a firebending prodigy taught by multiple masters.