• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water Combo: Reusing Water

What do you think?

• Yes, it makes such sense.

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No, it makes water OP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
How it is now:

You set up any move that uses Left-click>>Hold-shift as activation: OctopusForm, Torrent, SurgeShield and WaterWave. Once it's set up, you can only use the water for that move. If you want to use an other move before you used the move that is ready to use, you'll need a new water source. The water disappears into thin air.

What this suggestion is:

When you set up these moves, you could be able to switch between them. That means that, for example: You set up OctopusForm, you keep holding shift and go to your Torrent slot. The OctopusForm would turn into Torrent. The move must be set up for this, but not use already. So when you, for example, release shift with Torrent, you can't anymore, because you already used the water. Or when you realease WaterWave and begin 'WaterWaving' you can't too. It needs to be not yet used.

Simply, you could switch between all moves that use that set up.

The Combos:

OctopusForm/WaterWave/Torrent/SurgeShield - Activate,hold shift, >>>>OctopusForm/SurgeShield/WaterWave/Torrent

This overleaps a little bit with an other suggestion about reusing water instead of letting big amounts of water just uselessly disappear into thin air:http://projectkorra.com/threads/water-combo-waterwave-charge.929/

If you think this needs some improvement, let me know c:

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
You said earlier that you could waterwave then turn it into torrent, then you said you couldn't, then you said again that you could? This post is rather confusing and various suggestions have already been made about it.

orfeas

Verified Member
You said earlier that you could waterwave then turn it into torrent, then you said you couldn't, then you said again that you could? This post is rather confusing and various suggestions have already been made about it.
he means that if you do not let shift to actually do the water wave and the water is still around you,you can use the water for another move!

6tijn

Verified Member
? Maybe what you misunderstood was that once you launched your Torrent or started jetting with WaterWave, you won't be able to reuse the water, because you already used it. You can switch between those moves using the same water, instead of needing a new one, when you didn't use them yet.

Weird, I have looked for a suggestion similar to this, but didn't find any. I probably overlooked it, :/

Last edited:

6tijn

Verified Member
Your was about reusing the water you used to 'WaterWave', once you completed that move. This is about switching between moves like Torrent,Octopusfomr, etc. without needing a new watersource to set it up. I was considering commenting something about this at your suggestion as an addition, but since the staff mostly say to separate different seggestion, even though they're related, I made a own suggestion for it. I didn't meant to copy or anything. :c

EndersShadows

Verified Member
^Might want to clean up the thread a little, 6tijn. Make it easier to read, and understand.

Anyways, I managed to get the basic picture. I found the idea to my liking. In all honesty it makes sense.

6tijn

Verified Member
If you thin about it... Water is fluid, and waterbenders could let it form all kind of shapes, so it makes a lot sense to me whn they have an octopusform around them, they could let it change into a shield or a torrent. Would it just change into the next move when you perform this or would there be some sort of shape changing process between the switching of the moves?

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
I love this idea. Often times, I find myself prepping a Torrent, only to find out that my foes fleed at the very prospect of getting hit. You either have to make a ball of ice, make a gigantic wave around you or switch slots to get rid of the stream, after which you switch to WaterWave to persue your enemies. This idea would make water a lot less rigid and more fluent like it is in the show.

6tijn

Verified Member
I love this idea. Often times, I find myself prepping a Torrent, only to find out that my foes fleed at the very prospect of getting hit. You either have to make a ball of ice, make a gigantic wave around you or switch slots to get rid of the stream, after which you switch to WaterWave to persue your enemies. This idea would make water a lot less rigid and more fluent like it is in the show.
Yes that is exactly what I notice with waterbending in the plugin. It's not really fluent. It is a bit rigid, and tons of water disappear into thin air. Because waterbenders can't reuse their water, they need to have sources everywhere. Which makes plantbending a bit OP, but without it it would be weak. I think that waterbending would be much more realistic if waterbenders could in someway, cary their water with them. Example: You're a waterbender and you use waterwave. When that move is complete you can use teh water from teh waterwave to make a torrent en shoot it at something and freeze it. After that you could use the ice you created again as watersource to use it again. Now when waterbenders fight someone on land they just spam watermanip under the places where their opponents stand... Why? Because they dont have nay other sources...

HydroMan

Verified Member
yes ,this attacking stragedy combo would be a good way to trick your oponnets (,like making a shield then switching to torrent and u attack or freeze him with it ,making this combo defensive and offensive ,while u shield from your foe attakcs and freeze him afterwards ,or using shield>octopus form ,by luring him to go past or around shield while his attacks are defensles ,and when he reaches you ,u change to octopusform and u attack with it while he is infront of you )

6tijn

Verified Member
yes ,this attacking stragedy combo would be a good way to trick your oponnets (,like making a shield then switching to torrent and u attack or freeze him with it ,making this combo defensive and offensive ,while u shield from your foe attakcs and freeze him afterwards ,or using shield>octopus form ,by luring him to go past or around shield while his attacks are defensles ,and when he reaches you ,u change to octopusform and u attack with it while he is infront of you )
exactly. Those examples is exactly how waterbending is used in the shows. I think water needs to get rid of that 'you can only use one sourceblock for one attack, then tons of water dissappear into thin air' thing. In the show waterbenders reused that one source.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
ALL water benders reused their water. Water is my element of choice, but most of the time, I'm air. Just because there is not enough water in case I need to defend myself. Reusing water would allow water benders to get more "resource full".

Status
Not open for further replies.