• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthGrab Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenderOfSilver

Verified Member
Sorry for not sticking to one topic in the post. I think earthgrab should be more trapping and compact like in the show when avatar Aang trapped Yakone to take his bending away maybe something like this.
2014-12-07_13.31.59.png

BenderOfSilver

Verified Member
Not really because firebenders can jet out earthbenders can catapult and airbenders could spout out only issue is for waterbenders but this is how it is in the show and it could have a cool down

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Not really because firebenders can jet out earthbenders can catapult and airbenders could spout out only issue is for waterbenders but this is how it is in the show and it could have a cool down
what's wrong with the current one tho? Also, the one in your picture is kinda awful >.>

Kwesi

Verified Member
I don't think this would be very flexible at all. EarthGrab should not be effective in PvP but effective in a general sense. There are certain entities that are not one block wide and that would make EarthGrab not as reliable in survival.

JhanJhan

Verified Member
This is interesting, I played on a server that, I was told, was run by the original creator of the plugin and earth grab was 4 blocks trapping the opponent making it so they couldnt move or bend for 1 to 2 seconds or so. Although the earth didn't come up that high it was just one block up all around.

chazpants

Verified Member
I use earth grab with collapse as a shield because it's faster than raise earth and protects you from behind

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
The only problem with that is: I treat earthgrab more of a defensive barrior, but with this new earthgrab it's gonna be more difficult since it only has 1 block of space inside. They should make a seperate move or combo for that because i like the earthgrab we have now

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Saying "that is how it is" isn't a reason to change it like that. >.>

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
There seem to be more cons than pros for this suggestion. :/
Im not saying that i don't like your idea, but i suggest that they make a different move with this because i like the earthgrab that we already have, but i do have an idea: we could make another move with the same defensive style as earthgrab (named differently) and make this earthgrab change be the new earthgrab.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Never, but the current one looks more like the one in the show, and it is less OP. The one in the show needs exact precision and focus. This one doesn't
Looks more like the one in the show? How come? EarthGrab is uncanon ability and you should know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.