• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Glass Bending

Should Glass Bending be added?

• Yes, it would be a nice addition to earthbending!

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Yes, but maybe a different version?

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Maybe..

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • No, Earth already has a whole lot of moves.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Glass bending would be cool if you could turn sand into glass. Also if you could bend it and move it so you don't have to silk touch it. Glass manipulation.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Do you guys understand what glass is? You can't just melt sand and then poof, glass. The sand has to be a majority Silica.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
When I think about something like this I don't think it should be implemented unless there is evidence of its possibility in the series itself. As has been stated, it's not some straightforward process, and that means we can't just assume that earthbenders are capable of this, ultimately, there needs to be some solid evidence.

For that particular reason, I will disagree with this suggestion to be implemented. It doesn't seem logical enough to implement. I like the concept of manipulating glass - it's thinking forward, but there's a good chance it and bending will not correlate.
glass bending would be normal earthbending as glass is made out of sand saying htis ability would be bad is like saying metalbending is bad......... cmon guys he shouldnt have to tell u that much, use your brains
metalbending uses small parts of impurities in metal as glass would also have these impurities its logical and possible but dont think there needs to be a new move for it as all you'd need to do is add the blobks u want to be bendable into the config file..... i can see a move being made for glass panes that allows you to bend them out of the way like you w ould bend metal bars to open a cage? it would just have to have a decent revert timer added and this is possible just using earthblast really

Last edited:

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Glass bending would be cool if you could turn sand into glass. Also if you could bend it and move it so you don't have to silk touch it. Glass manipulation.
maybe sandinto sandstone via compression but dont know about sand into glass unless it consumed coal or something?

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Do you guys understand what glass is? You can't just melt sand and then poof, glass. The sand has to be a majority Silica.
this is minecraft and last time i checked all u have to do to get sand is shove it in a furnace if u changed sand to glass it would be lavabending or firebending considering theres alot of heat involved. maybe this could be used for an after effect, say if u lavabend on sand, instead of the sand being compressed into sandstone it should be made into glass because of the heat melting the sand into a liquid maybe stained glass to give it more of an impure look to it :eek:?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
References to nazis are terrible. And they are technically right in saying Avatar is not an anime. It's a cartoon. Anime has a different style than cartoons do.

Joeri

Verified Member
anything thats a moving animation picture is classed as anime dont be such a nazi no one cares
It is not, Anime is used to refrence JAPANESE ANIMATION SHOWS.

A moving animation is an animation, not anime

Get your damn facts before speaking out loud

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
References to nazis are terrible. And they are technically right in saying Avatar is not an anime. It's a cartoon. Anime has a different style than cartoons do.
By definition it is anime, but it isn't "japanimation" which is the most specific term. Not to mention that one of the most common anime traits (large eyes) was invented by Walt Disney, so it's an American thing.

6tijn

Verified Member
glass bending would be normal earthbending as glass is made out of sand saying htis ability would be bad is like saying metalbending is bad......... cmon guys he shouldnt have to tell u that much, use your brains
metalbending uses small parts of impurities in metal as glass would also have these impurities its logical and possible but dont think there needs to be a new move for it as all you'd need to do is add the blobks u want to be bendable into the config file..... i can see a move being made for glass panes that allows you to bend them out of the way like you w ould bend metal bars to open a cage? it would just have to have a decent revert timer added and this is possible just using earthblast really
Well, if it just gets added as earth bendable block, that means that poeple would just shoot just glass earthblasts at someone. That just seem not original. Lavabending has got it's own moves, instead of just adding them to earthbendable blocks. I think if glass bending should get added, it woul dneeds its own special unique moves. And because we haven't seen any glassbending in the series we have no idea how it actually did look, what unique abilities it had and how if it was even powerfull or not. :I

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
By definition it is anime, but it isn't "japanimation" which is the most specific term. Not to mention that one of the most common anime traits (large eyes) was invented by Walt Disney, so it's an American thing.
It isn't an anime, it is a cartoon.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Well, if it just gets added as earth bendable block, that means that poeple would just shoot just glass earthblasts at someone. That just seem not original. Lavabending has got it's own moves, instead of just adding them to earthbendable blocks. I think if glass bending should get added, it woul dneeds its own special unique moves. And because we haven't seen any glassbending in the series we have no idea how it actually did look, what unique abilities it had and how if it was even powerfull or not. :I
Glassbending hasn't been proven plausible in the series. Second if they did they would have to obey the laws of physics in making glass so it would be a rarely used skill. Because of this it would be pretty powerful. When you add power to usibility you get OP and unvlane cardunvlane card

Helios

Verified Member
It isn't an anime, it is a cartoon.
It is not, Anime is used to refrence JAPANESE ANIMATION SHOWS.

A moving animation is an animation, not anime

Get your damn facts before speaking out loud
anything thats a moving animation picture is classed as anime dont be such a nazi no one cares
WHO THE F*CK CARES?

Status
Not open for further replies.