• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthBlast upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Haii ppl!

I mentioned earth has many sub bendings. But they all have 1 attack that's the same, and that is earth blast. every sub off earth has a shooting ability. So here is my idea:

EarthBlast:

Press shift to select your source block, but hold shift to make a bigger earth blast. It could be bigger by a "trail" or just be like a boulder.

LavaBlast:

Shift to select your source block, click on the source block to turn it into lava, then click again to shoot it.

SandBlast:

Select sand as your source, click to shoot. A tail of sand particles follow your blast. When you hold shift the 4 blocks on the side of the source block will disappear(after you shot it) too, and a sandstone block will be shot instead of sand.

(All those blasts are upgrades for the origanal earth blast)

That's it for now! Let me know what you think!:)

- Finn

Kwesi

Verified Member
Okay, wow, I love this concept - it's fantastic.

I love the ideas, but I have one qualm one particular, and that is the controls. I would honestly suggested not making sneak and the left-click an altering control (like with lavablast), however, HOLDING sneak and left-clicking to melt the earth source into a lava source seems like there would be no chance of confliction, (because I otherwise feels like these controls will conflict with the traditional earthblast controls), then left-clicking to launch would do just fine. Also, I'm not sure if lavablast burns or just deals greater damage, which one?

Then for the larger earthblast (an idea I REALLY love because for so long earthbenders have been wanting a more powerful blasting ability and that is not offered in the core plug-in (servers tend to have earthsmash, but this would be a default feature rather than an add-on). I agree with those controls: tap sneak at source to select the regular earthblast source and left-click to launch it; hold sneak to select a larger source (would it be 2x2 or 3x3?) to select a larger source. I would like it if the larger source rose up as many blocks as its height so it would be surface level and can then be launched smoothy (otherwise that many blocks just flying out of the ground might look really odd). Obviously, it would deal additional damage and knockback (but I just know if this get implemented that most people will be in trouble...).

I believe the sandblast would deal less damage then the earthblast and lavablast, but I'd need you to confirm that. However, I'd think that when compressed into sandstone that it would deal about as much damage as earthblast.

I think with permissions fitted for each feature this could be beautiful, and more realistic, and offer greater power and strategy to earthbenders. I fully support this idea! :D

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Okay, wow, I love this concepts - it's fantastic.

I love the ideas, but I have one qualms one particular, and that is the controls. I would honestly suggested not make sneak and the left-click an altering control (like with lavablast), however, HOLDING sneak and left-clicking to melt the earth source into a lava source seems like there would be no chance of confliction, (because I otherwise feels like these controls will conflict with the traditional earthblast controls), then left-clicking to launch would do just fine. Also, I'n not sure if lavablast burns or just deals greater damage, which one?

Then for the larger earthblast (an idea a REALLY love because for so long earthbenders have been wanting a more powerful blasting ability and that is not offered in the core plug-in (servers tend to have earthsmash, but this would be a default feature rather than an addon). I agree with those controls: tap sneak at source to select the regular earthblast source and left-click to launch it; hold sneak to select a larger source (would it be 2x2 or 3x3?) to select a larger source. I like it if the larger source rose up as many blocks as its height so it would be surface level and can then be launched smoothy (otherwise that many blocks just flying out of the ground might look really odd). Obviously, it would deal additional damage and knockback (but I just know if this get implemented that most people will be in trouble...).

I believe the sandblast would deal less damage then the earthblast and lavablast, but I'd need you to confirm that. However, I'd think that when compressed into sandstone that it would deal about as much damage as earthblast.

I think with permissions fitted for each feature this could be beautiful, and more realistic, and offer greater power and strategy to earthbenders. I fully support this idea! :D
There is a reason I said "click again" to make it lava, because holding shift is already used for the bigger earthblast

Kwesi

Verified Member
There is a reason I said "click again" to make it lava, because holding shift is already used for the bigger earthblast
Yeah, I know what you mean. My point is that left-clicking after selecting the source might conflict with firing the earthblast. I understand that the difference is clicking at the source itself, but that might be recognised as aiming at the same block, I'm not too sure, but I feel it's a possibility.

If you were to hold sneak and left-click there's no chance of confliction, which is why I proposed that.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Yeah, I know what you mean. My point is that left-clicking after selecting the source might conflict with firing the earthblast. I understand that the difference is clicking at the source itself, but that might be recognised as aiming at the same block, I'm not too sure, but I feel it's a possibility.
Maybe press shift again while not looking at an earthbendable block?
Wouldn't that unselect the source?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Can you rename LavaBlast to something else? We have three moves that end with "blast". Lets not make it for.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I agree with the idea of integrating the sub-elements into one move, though how the moves act/look I might change a bit.

Setting Looking Into.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I feel like the changing the earthblast into a lava blast could be changed to right click- it could prevent the plugin mistaking the left click for an earthblast(?) (FYI, I'm not a fan of earthbending earthblasting underneath your feet- I'm just saying that this could be used for better distinction) Other then that, I agree with this thread.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
Seems legit. Maybe (if this isn't too excessive) we can add a mud bending addition to this concept, and possibly blind the victim from the mud? Also possibly slow them down, since mud is sticky :p

Tenket

Verified Member
Haii ppl!

I mentioned earth has many sub bendings. But they all have 1 attack that's the same, and that is earth blast. every sub off earth has a shooting ability. So here is my idea:

EarthBlast:

Press shift to select your source block, but hold shift to make a bigger earth blast. It could be bigger by a "trail" or just be like a boulder.

LavaBlast:

Shift to select your source block, click on the source block to turn it into lava, then click again to shoot it.

SandBlast:

Select sand as your source, click to shoot. A tail of sand particles follow your blast. When you hold shift the 4 blocks on the side of the source block will disappear(after you shot it) too, and a sandstone block will be shot instead of sand.

(All those blasts are upgrades for the origanal earth blast)

That's it for now! Let me know what you think!:)

- Finn
The earth blast variant could jsut combine the blocks into an iron block (turns back if not fired). This does extra damage already and could use the same animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.