• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New water move: WaterCannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So this is the first of the moves that I will be suggesting. The others will be from the other elements (1 per element, except not chi for now, I will make a suggestion about that one when I have it fully developed). On to the move.
Name: WaterCannon
Element: Water/Ice
How used: [Click water source] > [Hold shift] > aim at opponent > [Release shift]
Optional: [Click water source] > [Hold shift] > aim at opponent > [Click to turn water to ice] > [Release shift]
Description: The user clicks a water source (not needed if bottle in inventory), and a single block of water go in front of the player while they are still holding shift. The optional part of the usage is turning the water in front of you to ice, creating an IceCannon. What the move does after the player releases shift is it goes in a straight line wherever the player was looking, and the beam of water/ice is a addition sign (+) shape. The move cannot be controlled and does little knockback, while dealing 6 damage. The Ice version of it does 7 damage, and has increased knockback.
Newly Added: All damage and knockback amounts should be configurable.
New feature: chargetime: this would have different effects on the move. So, when you hold the move in the first position, it gets charged. When the move is charged, blue redstone particles or dripwater particles appear in a sphere around the block of water in front of you. This would provide a few options. One: you can change the move to ice at this time and only when it's charged. The Ice version wouldn't be able to be used before the move is charged. Charged: ice would be what it is now, same with water but instead of the water blocks it would be a cylinder of whatever the charged particles are. Ice could be the blocks or some sort of icey particles like white redstone or ice break. The move would still be able to be used before charged but would be only water and also have a shorter range (half), but more damage (8) and knockback (x1.5 or doubled). This is because it has the initial momentum.

If you have any suggestions then please post them, and if you have seen a post like this leave me a link so I can check it out please and thank you. There will be more moves sometime in the near future.

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
I have a similarly named ability called AirCannon suggested, and it has the Looking Into status. XD

Kwesi

Verified Member
Water does not = Air. Gawd @Kwesi. (if not obvious I am kidding)
(It was an honest observation ¬_¬ XP). Okay, I like the idea of being able to change the output, whether or not it is water or ice, which is nice. However, as much as I like the description of the ability, I think a blast of water has become slightly redundant at this phase of development. I can completely support the IceCannon though, I think a high-powered ice ability has not been firmly implemented and would be a nice addition to waterbending in Project Korra. All that being stated, keep it up. I can't wait to read your other suggestions. ;)

Last edited:

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
I would highly consider modifying the damage factions, I am not sure if you meant five damage points or hearts, but five hearts of damage (even with the move's limited change in direction) is an outrageous amount.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I would highly consider modifying the damage factions, I am not sure if you meant five damage points or hearts, but five hearts of damage (even with the move's limited change in direction) is an outrageous amount.
You're right, but a factor like damage would naturally be configurable if implemented, so it's not set in stone.

Adam

Verified Member
I'd rather think that you should use an Ice source to do the Ice Cannon, or else i don't think anyone would use Water Cannon, when a better move is one click away!
Maybe it would be a combo, as it is kind of....... damaging.
But of course like Kwesi said, damage is configurable

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'd rather think that you should use an Ice source to do the Ice Cannon, or else i don't think anyone would use Water Cannon, when a better move is one click away!
Maybe it would be a combo, as it is kind of....... damaging.
But of course like Kwesi said, damage is configurable
The other move isn't all that much better. It does 0.5 more damage and more knockback. How about instead of making it require an ice source, make it so it can only be used at night? That way there is a balance. Can everyone agree with this?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I feel like thats to short. I think atleast 20-25 blocks, while during the fullmoon it would be 50 blocks.
Ok. And are we gonna make it like a laser type thing where wherever the player is looking the cannon goes? Thatd be a cool feature but might be op

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This type of move reminds of something I made recently. (PlantDisk)
They both involve shifting to hold something, and release shift to shoot it. :)

HydroMan

Verified Member
Ok. And are we gonna make it like a laser type thing where wherever the player is looking the cannon goes? Thatd be a cool feature but might be op
That would be cool ,but how would that work theoretically? Water just can't follow the person ,unless you wanna intent it as the water could track the blood in the living organism.
Edit: i thought you meant like a tracking missle where it follows the target.. This might not be much op if the damage was smaller. I think this should be in config file to enable and disable this function(disable by default it should be).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.