• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Would this be a nice avatar combo?

• Yes, it's fine as it is.

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Yes, but is could use some changes.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, but maybe with some changes it could work.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, the avatar is already too OP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hi ppl!

On my own private server, I mentioned being the avatar is quite boring, since it's only the avatar state and all the elements :/
That's why I came up with this(hope you like it:)) :

- Flame gust:

This is a combo which can only be used by the avatar. Here is the move order:

FireBlast (left-click) > AirBlast (left-click) > FireBurst (hold sneak) > AirBurst (hold sneak) > AirBurst (left-click)

This creates a twisting blast of fire and air particles which does damage and knocks back your enemy quite far. The damage comes from the fire, the knockback comes from the air. The damage would be configurable, but the knockback would be the normal airburst knockback. It can be slightly steered by looking left or right.

That's my second idea for the avatar ideas:) I hope you like it. Lemme know what you think.

- Finn

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
I do like it, but I think the combo formula being: FireBlast (left-click) > AirBlast (left-click) > FireBurst (hold sneak) > AirBurst (left-click) would make more sense. ALSO, if there's one thing I would say about AvatarCombo ability suggestions is that they must be naturally longer than usual formulae (which means 4 components at least). That would further balance out the abilities.

I don't really understand the "explosive" part of the name since this ability harbours no explosive properties (or am I missing something?). With all that I've said, keep up the good work. :)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I do like it, but I think the combo formula being: FireBlast (left-click) > AirBlast (left-click) > FireBurst (hold sneak) > AirBurst (left-click) would make more sense. ALSO, if there's one thing I would say about AvatarCombo ability suggestions is that they must be naturally longer than usual formulae (which means 4 components at least). That would further balance out the abilities.

I don't really understand the "explosive" part of the name since this ability harbours no explosive properties (or am I missing something?). With all that I've said, keep up the good work. :)
Tnx! I really think the avatar is boring atm. I'll change the combo formula and the name. (Couldn't think of a better one, that's why it's explosive windxd)

Kwesi

Verified Member
Tnx! I really think the avatar is boring atm. I'll change the combo formula and the name. (Couldn't think of a better one, that's why it's explosive windxd)
How long is the duration of this ability? I know you mentioned you could steer it "slightly." Is it slightly because of short duration or just minor steering control?

So far I like this ability because it's not really overpowered, if we consider burning damage and knockback on impact then the ability would not be able to hit them for such a long, it would simply burn them and then knock them out of its range. I like that it's balanced out that way - effective but not overbearing.

Oh, and another thing (which I didn't think about too much until now). If it's expelled continuously rather than just launched then the conbo formula would need to end in sneak, so it would probably be good as: FireBlast (left-click) > AirBlast (left-click) > FireBurst (hold sneak) > AirBurst (hold sneak) > AirBurst (left-click), then a player would simply left-click to blast and hold sneak to maintain, how just that sound (feel free to suggest otherwise if you think it would be better another way)?

Kwesi

Verified Member
How long is the duration of this ability? I know you mentioned you could steer it "slightly." Is it slightly because of short duration or just minor steering control?

So far I like this ability because it's not really overpowered, if we consider burning damage and knockback on impact then the ability would not be able to hit them for such a long, it would simply burn them and then knock them out of its range. I like that it's balanced out that way - effective but not overbearing.

Oh, and another thing (which I didn't think about too much until now). If it's expelled continuously rather than just launched then the conbo formula would need to end in sneak, so it would probably be good as: FireBlast (left-click) > AirBlast (left-click) > FireBurst (hold sneak) > AirBurst (hold sneak) > AirBurst (left-click), then a player would simply left-click to blast and hold sneak to maintain, how just that sound (feel free to suggest otherwise if you think it would be better another way)?
Would a name like FlameGust do or something similar to that?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Would a name like FlameGust do or something similar to that?
I like that name and the combo formula. I'll change it. It's slightly steerable because of the great power that's in the blast which makes it hard to control. But should the avatar be in the avatar state to use this or not??

Kwesi

Verified Member
I like that name and the combo formula. I'll change it. It's slightly steerable because of the great power that's in the blast which makes it hard to control. But should the avatar be in the avatar state to use this or not??
No Avatar State required since it's only two elements.

Zephyrus_Arrow

Verified Member
Would this be similar to a sideways tornado that deals fire damage? If so, I heard the a sideways tornado is impossible to code.

Status
Not open for further replies.