• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Curving Combustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I had this idea in my head for soooooooooooo long, but I just never got around to posting it, so I'm glad you did. It make sense to be added.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I actually believe a suggestion like this was posted a long time ago. But I do think that Combustion is powerful enough as it is.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I actually believe a suggestion like this was posted a long time ago. But I do think that Combustion is powerful enough as it is.
I have no doubts about Combustion's current power being satisfactory either, but I think this is a suitable feature to add, as it's fully canon, not really complex, and very well possible. I don't reckon the feature is absolutely needed, but for those reasons I can support it's use. Besides, Combustion move so quickly you'd have to curve it pretty well if you really want to control it efficiently to a certain extent, otherwise it'll just become cumbersome.

I really don't think it'll be that bad. If we compare something like this to other abilities that are considered OP I think this feature would lack in such comparisons. Cooldowns must be obeyed and accuracy is essential as you do need the right angle relative to the target to actually get a good hit.

Another way to look at it, I think it'll spice up combustionbending. If there's something to work on it's expanding the alternate bending techniques, and this feature would do just that.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Another way to look at it, I think it'll spice up combustionbending. If there's something to work on it's expanding the alternate bending techniques, and this feature would do just that.
I totally agree with this. If you look at any element they lack in most features for sub elements.

Lava bending got a good start, Metal bending.. eh didn't as much.
Plant bending, nothing but a spot as a water source.
Ice bending, you can see that anywhere.
Spirit bending, hopefully in the Spirits plugin!
Okay, you got me with Blood bending...
Lightning Conducting, one official move, but not super fancy.
Combustion: added but needs some small tweaks to be similar!
Astral Projection, heh good luck finding that anywhere.
Sound Bending... nope.

My point is, this being one of fire's only sub elements, we should really try to make it as good as we can.
So in the future we can do more things with it!

Kwesi

Verified Member
Congrats on pending : D
I'm not surprised on that, to be honest: despite anyone's opinion the ability is 100% legit and within reason. XD Although, whether or not it'll be implemented any time soon is another thing.

Joeri

Verified Member
I agree it should be able to be slight controlled, but only slightly... If Combustion could move like torrent it would be incredibly OP

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
I agree it should be able to be slight controlled, but only slightly... If Combustion could move like torrent it would be incredibly OP
Yeah, perhaps you're right. Maybe a 90 degree angle is the sharpest turn it should be able to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.