• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Animales

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
I saw that someone had asked if there would be animals in the rpg but since Mr.Phizzle hasnt responded yet, ima make this suggestion!
As we all know, the wonderful world of avatar has a plethora of strange and amazing animals. Ive seen alot of plugins that take already existing mobs and change their behavior, movement, and where they spawn essentially creating a new mob. I beleive the staff at ProjectKorra is talented enough to do this and more. Here is a list of animals that would be pretty spectacular to have in the plugin:

FlyingBisons- passive untill attacked and they would be semi-difficult to kill. They would be tamable with hay bales and could be ridden by the tamer through the air. I suggest we use the ghast mob as the Bison. It would spawn outside the nether in extreme hills biomes but they would be as rare as wolves. When found, the Bison would have air particles at its feet and it will come towards and follow a player holding hay bales. Ghasts in my opinion makes the most since to be the Bison due to the fact that it can already fly, its tentacles resemble the 6 legs of the flying bison and that they are much larger than the player just like the bison.

KomodoRhino- In The Last Airbender, these were seen armored and carrying members of the firenation army. A completely black horse would make the most sense to represent this mob. The would be an active mob that would charge at the player. At the same time, the mob could be tamed by feeding it raw beef, chicken, or pork. The tamed mob could be given horse armor and would have the same AI as a tamed dog except that it could be ridden.

Lemurs- I know that atleast 80% of you guys remeber Momo from The Last Airbender. The flying lemur would be represented by a bat that would leave a trail of air particles behind them. They will be passive and can be tamed by apples and melons. They would spawn in jungle and extreme hill biomes.

PolarBearDog- This is basically Naga, Korra's trusty animal sidekick. They would look like all white horses but alot faster. Essentially, they would tame and behave like wolves and dogs except that they would be rideable. They would spawn in snow biomes.

BadgerMoles- According to Toph, these critters taught her earthbending. It would be represented by a spider and would only spawn in caves. It would be passive unless attacked. It would be able to go through stone, dirt, sand, sandstone and other ground based blocks using a move similar to earth tunnel. Because there was no instance of anyone taming one, they will be untamable.

Adding these animals and maybe some others that i didnt list would make the plugin soooo much more fun and exciting. If this were to be added, the PK resource pack could make the mobs look alot closer to their television counterpart. Gracias

~TheSkyKing

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
I think a ghast is too big for a flying bison
Its the only mob thats big enough to be represented as one. Not to mention that it can already fly and its tentacles resemble the FlyingBison's 6 legs. If you can think of a better mob, im open to suggestions.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Its the only mob thats big enough to be represented as one. Not to mention that it can already fly and its tentacles resemble the FlyingBison's 6 legs. If you can think of a better mob, im open to suggestions.
I'm thinking...But the tentacles move and that doesn't looks like legs :/ Maybe the Project Korra resource pack could come in now?

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
I
I'm thinking...But the tentacles move and that doesn't looks like legs :/ Maybe the Project Korra resource pack could come in now?
I was thinking the same thing about most of the mobs but I figured that if this was implemented, the resource pack would be used to change their appearance.

Joeri

Verified Member
Tbh a sheep seems better, Ghast doesnt represent a bison at all... Comparing a ghast to a bison is like comparing a giant boulder with a house 'its big and the same color"

Last edited:

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
After they set what animal is what then they could add these features to the resource pack and make them look like the animals in the Avatar Universe :D
I also hope that over time they will add more animal.
Great suggestion TheSkyKing

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
Also, not every bison was giant. Kai flew on one bison that was pretty small (child/baby bison)
Idk why im the only one who sees the similarites but whatevs. Maybe a cow would work? The resource pack could perhaps make them look like bisons.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I like what you've got going on here, but how can a player confirm that it's a polar bear dog and not just a random white horse? :c

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
Why not a sheep? You have to know not everyone will use the resource pack
That is true but the cow is larger than a sheep and they are relatives to bisons. Also cows have horns and so bisons but if they decide to use sheep instead thats cool. Maybe there could be a config that lets the server owner simply choose what mob they want to represent the added ones or to choose which mobs they do and dont want to spawn in the world.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
I like what you've got going on here, but how can a player confirm that it's a polar bear dog and not just a random white horse? :c
Hmmm. I know that some rpg mob plugins have a nametag over the custom mobs to help distinguish them but in my opinion it looks a little tacky. Maybe each mob can have a particle affect as opposed to a particle affect just for the ones that manipulate an element. Maybe a snow particles or snowflakes come from its feet when it walks(also it should probably bark too)? KomodoRhinos could have black smoke particles radiating off of them or the particles could be stuck to the skin in a patter that would kind of resemble scales. The BadgerMoles could have a radiatong particle affect of the ground based block they are standing on at that moment. If anyone has some notuced some holes in this please let me know in the comments. Your criticism is greatly appreciated!

CrystalBender1

Verified Member
I Feel like the Polar bear dog should be a dog but just mountable. They could have a black collar, white particles from its mouth (Coldness) And be named Polar Bear dog. They would spawn in tundras and icyhills. Because those things if they were just like in the anime would not fit in tigas

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
I Feel like the Polar bear dog should be a dog but just mountable. They could have a black collar, white particles from its mouth (Coldness) And be named Polar Bear dog. They would spawn in tundras and icyhills. Because those things if they were just like in the anime would not fit in tigas
Why in the world would it have coldness coming from it's mouth? It doesn't have ice powers or anything. Making it similar to the cartoon wouldn't be any more difficult, I'm pretty sure Naga could fit in a taiga.
Screen shot 2014-11-28 at 1.04.57 PM.png
Besides, we can't exactly make size accuracy if we're using a wolf. Also, aren't there regular wolves in the Avatar world? Like the ones Tarlokk and Noatak were made to bloodbend by Yakone?

Status
Not open for further replies.