• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirCombo: AirCannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Name: AirCannon

Description: Combo: AirBlast (left-click) > AirBlast (left-click) > AirBurst (hold sneak) > AirBlast (left-click).
Charge and release a powerful blast of air capable of dealing high damage and knock back.

Essentially, this would be about raw air power and would look like a large AirBlast. It could deal about 8 damage (4 hearts) on default and have a very powerful knockback.

I think an ability like this would make sense for airbenders and allow them to use their bending in a new way. Airbenders hardly have powerful damaging abilities, so I think this would be very logical and appropriate.

I hope this can make it into the AirCombo and give airbenders that extra edge to which I believe they should be entitled.

Any helpful feedback is welcomed. Thank you. :)

Last edited:

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
I can see why it would have high knockback but the damage part doesnt really add up. The wind as you described isnt in a slashing/slicing motion so the air would have the same affect as standinh outside in a mild hurricane: hard to move against the wind and easy to get blown away but not painfull. With that much wind in your face, its hard to keep your eyes open so maybe a short blindness affect?
Or maybe you can direct the angle the wind blows sort of like air sweep. This would allow the user to knock the opponen up in the air much easier than using a normal air burst or charged swipe.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I can see why it would have high knockback but the damage part doesnt really add up. The wind as you described isnt in a slashing/slicing motion so the air would have the same affect as standinh outside in a mild hurricane: hard to move against the wind and easy to get blown away but not painfull. With that much wind in your face, its hard to keep your eyes open so maybe a short blindness affect?
Or maybe you can direct the angle the wind blows sort of like air sweep. This would allow the user to knock the opponen up in the air much easier than using a normal air burst or charged swipe.
The damage is from the force of the impact. AirCannon is not supposed to be like AirSwipe or AirSweep. It is very powerful blast of air released in a violent burst towards the target.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
The damage is from the force of the impact. AirCannon is not supposed to be like AirSwipe or AirSweep. It is very powerful blast of air released in a violent burst towards the target.
The impact wouldnt do as much damage you beleive due to the fact that once the air hits the target, it flows off and around them. The amount of air needed to do some actual damage is an insane amount that would have to be compressed and manipulated as it hits the target to ensure that they feel the full force of the impact.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
With that logic, a charged air burst that is released in a single direction should damage people too.

Kwesi

Verified Member
With that logic, a charged air burst that is released in a single direction should damage people too.
I know what logic you're trying to apply, but it isn't that consistent. AirSwipe is supposed to deal slashing damage but realistically it would only knock back and deal blunt damage from impact. AirSwipe, however is solely meant for damaging a target in this plug-in and not knocking them back.

You can't always apply exact logic to bending in the same way, because if you did, bending could just become rather illogical.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
I know what logic you're trying to apply, but it isn't that consistent. AirSwipe is supposed to deal slashing damage but realistically it would only knock back and deal blunt damage from impact. AirSwipe, however is solely meant for damaging a target in this plug-in and not knocking them back.

You can't always apply exact logic to bending in the same way, because if you did, bending could just become rather illogical.
Airswipe would deal slashing damage. The bender slashes the air into a blade as they launch it. Aang often used the tip of his staff to form the edge of the airblade. The impact would cause the air to break the skin and cut the opponent as it is pushed in. Other benders can use their hand or finger tips to form the blade aswell.

WE ARE NOTHING WITHOUT LOGIC.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Airswipe would deal slashing damage. The bender slashes the air into a blade as they launch it. Aang often used the tip of his staff to form the edge of the airblade. The impact would cause the air to break the skin and cut the opponent as it is pushed in. Other benders can use their hand or finger tips to form the blade aswell.

WE ARE NOTHING WITHOUT LOGIC.
As logical as that would seem, all we ever see are people getting knock around by bending. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.