• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterCombo: Charged Torrent

Waht do you think?

• Yes, it makes sense

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • No, horrible!

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Yes, but it needs improvement

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
Firstly, LOVE the concept. This sounds like something that would sense for a WaterCombo ability. Although, I feel that all that animation for the ability will cause quite the lag, as much as like it. I also wonder how effective it would be if the stream is not fully fused. In situations where the target is close, how would that work?
That's the point. It's for longer distances. If a player is nearer, waterbenders would probably use the regular torrent and watermanipulation.

Kwesi

Verified Member
That's the point. It's for longer distances. If a player is nearer, waterbenders would probably use the regular torrent and watermanipulation.
Okay, but what would happen if the unfused streams hit a player?

João

Verified Member
You could try to make 2 rings around the Player one above the other and then when it shoots it fuses like you said
By the way Love this Combo : D

Kwesi

Verified Member
Maybe it could take less long for them to fuse. I was thinking, is it a bit too much long range orientated?
I wonder that same thing. I don't know just HOW long-range it is due to the complexity of the ability's formation.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Yes, it looks kinda complex now. Maybe I should make a simpler design of it. It would take less longer for them to fuse.
Perhaps, if you want to simplify it, you could make the streams rotate only a block from each other to make them fuse much quicker and increase the efficiency. It could be something you could look into if you like.

6tijn

Verified Member
What do you think of the new version? I think it's better when there are only 2 streams fusing. It would get less laggy too. Shoudl I add them to the suggestion instead of the current one with 4 streams?

Kwesi

Verified Member
What do you think of the new version? I think it's better when there are only 2 streams fusing. It would get less laggy too. Shoudl I add them to the suggestion instead of the current one with 4 streams?
It's not bad. It doesn't look as visually gratifying but I think it's more appropriate.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Actually, just the two streams would work really well. It'd begin with the double round X streams of water, and they slowly merge. Esthetically it looks cleaner too.

6tijn

Verified Member
Actually, just the two streams would work really well. It'd begin with the double round X streams of water, and they slowly merge. Esthetically it looks cleaner too.
Yeah. The fault I made is that there were 4 streams that fused, while there were only 2 streams spinning around the player. So they split into 2 and then fused, wich didn't make sense. Now it is more like a double torrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.