• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water Whip [WATER] (Waterbending)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
This is a waterbending move thats just as basic as watermanipulation, but its has a slight bleed effect and, appearance wise, particals (splash) and you can control it like torrent. It does not circle around you or freeze people, it just looks like you are holding a water whip. This is just for people who want to have diversity in bending.

To prevent this from being OP, its follow range is smaller and it doesnt freeze people. It also does the same damge as watermanipulation and same cooldown The bleed effect would be 2 secs and a 25% of it happening.

To activate this move, you do exactly what you would do for torrent *Can be bottle-bend*, but once its out, you do the same forwatermanipulation. It does little you have 5 clicks before it falls and it does the same knockback (same as watermanipulation).

*It comes back for you for every click until 5 clicks*

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Nice, but seems like a unneeded clone of torrent. Why have that binded instead of torrent? Why not have that binded instead of watermanipulation? Watermanipulation seems to have no cooldown, so if you can just fire a bunch of these redirectable torrents at once even if they do have watermanipulation? Add onto the watermanipulation clone poison or wither and it is basically just a clone of watermanipulation.

Hero

Verified Member
Nice, but seems like a unneeded clone of torrent. Why have that binded instead of torrent? Why not have that binded instead of watermanipulation? Watermanipulation seems to have no cooldown, so if you can just fire a bunch of these redirectable torrents at once even if they do have watermanipulation? Add onto the watermanipulation clone poison or wither and it is basically just a clone of watermanipulation.
I just said ots for people who want diversity...can understand why people wouldnt like it. It just like watermanipulation except for the bleed ;)

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
thats like saying why do we need most of the airbending moves that are in the airbending move list half of the firebending moves aand a quarter of earthbending moves :s

owlcool

Verified Member
thats like saying why do we need most of the airbending moves that are in the airbending move list half of the firebending moves aand a quarter of earthbending moves :s
Not that much. It is just a version of watermanipulation that gives bleed, I think there is already a good version of water whip with just watermanipulation and a bottle. Get close to opponent, watermanipulation them. The range of water whip should be short, as it is a whip and not a projectile, like what I said about the bottle whip. It has a kind of whiplash by coming back to you into the bottle. Seems like we already have water whip to me, but meh. If you want to make a whip made of water make you bleed, then go for it. Just saying that is not cannon. At worst it stung a little.

Joeri

Verified Member
Manip does have a cooldown, 1 second

Hero

Verified Member
Not that much. It is just a version of watermanipulation that gives bleed, I think there is already a good version of water whip with just watermanipulation and a bottle. Get close to opponent, watermanipulation them. The range of water whip should be short, as it is a whip and not a projectile, like what I said about the bottle whip. It has a kind of whiplash by coming back to you into the bottle. Seems like we already have water whip to me, but meh. If you want to make a whip made of water make you bleed, then go for it. Just saying that is not cannon. At worst it stung a little.
Water whip is cannon, nkt the bleed, but thats to add flair. It clear that you dont like diversity.

David

Verified Member
I don't like the bleed but I think this could be a water manipulation addon. Instead of shifting, you'd left click a block of water? Not sure, I wouldn't mind this move as it's own entire seperate move either, though.

I do like diversity a lot, but I think this move itself needs a lot of tweaking. I'm almost gonna say that this move should act like Octopus Form, except just one tentecle. The tentecle would be in front of the player, wouldn't do any knockback, just constant and fast damage. Half a heart per half a second or a whole second. Actually now that I think about it, that more closely relates to Fire Breath, js

Hero

Verified Member
I don't like the bleed but I think this could be a water manipulation addon. Instead of shifting, you'd left click a block of water? Not sure, I wouldn't mind this move as it's own entire seperate move either, though.

I do like diversity a lot, but I think this move itself needs a lot of tweaking. I'm almost gonna say that this move should act like Octopus Form, except just one tentecle. The tentecle would be in front of the player, wouldn't do any knockback, just constant and fast damage. Half a heart per half a second or a whole second. Actually now that I think about it, that more closely relates to Fire Breath, js
I like it, still want it to look like you are holding a whip tho

Last edited:

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
This doesn't have enough non-aesthetic differences from Torrent / WaterManipulation to be worth creating, Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.