• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water combo: Waterwave charge

Would this be a nice addition?

• Yes, I would love to see this in PK!:)

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No, I don't think this should be added (Pls explain why you think so)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Would be cool, but needs some changes.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hello people!!:)

I came up with this idea 15 minutes ago so it may needs some editing. XD

I was thinking of an idea for a watercombo. This combo isn't a specific as all the other ideas are.
This is my idea

Name: Auto charge/Waterwave charge

Element: Water

Ability Order:
Waterspout(wave) (Left click) > Waterspout(wave) (Hold shift, then use) > [Octopusform/Torrent/Surge/] (Hold shift)

How it works:
First you select to move you want to autocharge. The moves you could autocharge are Torrent, Surge and Octopusform. Then you switch to Waterspout. You left click, then charge it and then release it to use waterspout. While "waterwaving" you switch to Torrent, Surge or Octopusform. When you press shift at the right time while landing, you'll use the water from your "waving" to create an Octopusform,Surge or Torrent. I think it would make sense because waterwave uses a lot of water and now it just dissapears. This isn't a combo like most combos are. This isn't a new move performed by using other abilitys, but a combo.

Lemme now what you think about it! :)

- Finn

Last edited:

Adam

Verified Member
Well, this is a fast-thought Good idea!
So strange no one thought about how a giant wave could disappear! XD

Joeri

Verified Member
It's not really a combo... Torrent doesnt take long to charge and Octopusform is under used since it's short range and lacks mobility

Helios

Verified Member
And you cant use 'Waterwave' because its not a separate ability anymore. You could use waterspout instead, now that it has waterwaves' functions.

6tijn

Verified Member
It's not really a combo... Torrent doesnt take long to charge and Octopusform is under used since it's short range and lacks mobility
Well, If you are a waterbender and you want to attack someone on land, where there are no watersources, this can turn out very very handy! Otherwise that person you want to attack is to far to reach.

+He also suggested something new for octopusform. OctopusTrap. Maybe you could add that when you use OctopusForm for the wave, that you instantly get OctopusTrap! That would be really nice!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well, If you are a waterbender and you want to attack someone on land, where there are no watersources, this can turn out very very handy! Otherwise that person you want to attack is to far to reach.

+He also suggested something new for octopusform. OctopusTrap. Maybe you could add that when you use OctopusForm for the wave, that you instantly get OctopusTrap! That would be really nice!
Exactly;) Maybe you could perform the combo while riding the wave.
OctopusTrap: http://projectkorra.com/threads/octopustrap-octopusform-2.931/

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It is a combo, but just different form the other ones. It's unique. :D :p This doesn't create a new move, but combines them. When you need to reach a place where is almost no water source this could come in VERY handy.

Joeri

Verified Member
It is a combo, but just different form the other ones. It's unique. :D :p This doesn't create a new move, but combines them. When you need to reach a place where is almost no water source this could come in VERY handy.
WaterWave only reaches 10 blocks so i doubt you would get very far from your original source

I think its kinda a waste to add since there will be only 3-5 combo's. I like the idea though, but it should not be a combo

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
WaterWave only reaches 10 blocks so i doubt you would get very far from your original source

I think its kinda a waste to add since there will be only 3-5 combo's. I like the idea though, but it should be a combo
As I already said, it ís a combo. It is different, but this doesn't mean it isn't a combo. Also, the reach for waterwave is configurable, so server owners could change it to their liking and (possibly) make it so it perfectly fits the combo. And 10 blocks reachs sounds less, but walking it by shifting is quite far:/

Joeri

Verified Member
As I already said, it ís a combo. It is different, but this doesn't mean it isn't a combo. Also, the reach for waterwave is configurable, so server owners could change it to their liking and (possibly) make it so it perfectly fits the combo. And 10 blocks reachs sounds less, but walking it by shifting is quite far:/
I'd rather have it as a simple thing added to WaterWave, Also you dont have to sneak 10 blocks. Just select torrent from the source you were going to use originally for the combo....

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'd rather have it as a simple thing added to WaterWave, Also you dont have to sneak 10 blocks. Just select torrent from the source you were going to use originally for the combo....
That source could be out of range. This combo would also fit the "defensive to offensive" thing from waterbenders. Use waterwave to get to another location and avoid attacks, and then use the water you used to avoid and defend for an attack. I know not anyone can like this idea, but I'm trying to explain you why I think it is handy. You don't have to like it, as long as you know what this is for;)

Joeri

Verified Member
That source could be out of range. This combo would also fit the "defensive to offensive" thing from waterbenders. Use waterwave to get to another location and avoid attacks, and then use the water you used to avoid and defend for an attack. I know not anyone can like this idea, but I'm trying to explain you why I think it is handy. You don't have to like it, as long as you know what this is for;)
I like the idea but, i feel like it should just be an added thing to waterwave

6tijn

Verified Member

I think its kinda a waste to add since there will be only 3-5 combo's. I like the idea though, but it should not be a combo
You can easily reach more then 10 blocks with waterwave... ._.

6tijn

Verified Member
I hope the coders do so c:. We all have seen how waterbenders re-use their water instead of letting it flow away and instantly look for an other source. This would make waterbending more like waterbending.

6tijn

Verified Member

0:38 See how Kia reuses the water she used as WaterWave? She doesn't let it flow away, and if she had to go way back to that water source, things might have ended different! c:

Status
Not open for further replies.