• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

What is wrong with PK!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafHD_

Verified Member
@Heika Project Korra could use a more sophisticated community. Considering all this is out of volunteering and willingness, that's the least we could repay. Yet, here we all are arguing about how Project Korra could be better when in reality, no offense, this community and its maturity could use some work.
You must acknowledge that these guys are not pro project korra, and as I just mentioned:

"The best maturity is a little immaturity"
—ApexHD 2k15 #represent #hatersgonnahate #ufekinsrsm80?

Zafkiel

Verified Member
What I think after reading eleven pages of pure hating and debate

Personally I feel that even if we assume the plugin is broken at hell (which is really not) some of you guys shouldn't complain about it because it will not make things progress. Like said Alexthecoder and Loony instead of complaining you should write a suggestion for the certain things you don't like about the plugin be eventually fixed . The staffs are doing there best for fixing and upgrading the plugin every single day and they're doing that for the community, it is really foolish and selfish to start a "revolution" just because there is something you personally don't like. They really can't satisfy everyone so try to be comprehensive and thankful for the work the are providing .

PS : I know that it wasn't the intention of Runefist to began a war but I don't think he expresses himself in the good way. He wanted PK to be an even better plugin then now and I can respect that , but he didn't do it the good way.

LeafHD_

Verified Member
What I think after reading eleven pages of pure hating and debate

Personally I feel that even if we assume the plugin is broken at hell (which is really not) some of you guys shouldn't complain about it because it will not make things progress. Like said Alexthecoder and Loony instead of complaining you should write a suggestion for the certain things you don't like about the plugin be eventually fixed . The staffs are doing there best for fixing and upgrading the plugin every single day and they're doing that for the community, it is really foolish and selfish to start a "revolution" just because there is something you personally don't like. They really can't satisfy everyone so try to be comprehensive and thankful for the work the are providing .

PS : I know that it wasn't the intention of Runefist to began a war but I don't think he expresses himself in the good way. He wanted PK to be an even better plugin then now and I can respect that , but he didn't do it the good way.
Preach brotha!

Sorin

Verified Member
If you guys don't like how PK suggest a change, instead of writing hate comments, honestly the bull shit isn't needed, just leave it at the door ,-, This thread is honestly disgusting, rude, seriously mai gawd @runefist you are really so salty about being fired, you have to go and start a flame war? Seriously grow the fuck up. The way you made this post is just arrogant as all hell too. @Mysteriously Logical
"AlexTheCoder,
Revive Orion's plugin, and
Of course. Happy to leave your bullshit coding
<3"
Dude just leave, you aren't wanted anyway. And if he where to revive Orion's plugin, it would use his "bullshit coding". So do you want his "bullshit coding" or not? Seriously decide.
"Rune is the only coder at PK who has common sense and has created some good moves and changes. Sand spout
Hahahhah" First of rune couldn't even update EarthLine, if he is a good coder then why the fuck couldn't he do it? Ha never mind there was a "glitch" that was apparently in minecraft, NOT, jedk1 was able to update it and made it a hundred times better. @runefist I used to think you where pretty cool, at this point you have lost my respect, and i'm sure a lot of other peoples respect too.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Im lazy to read through all this replies and im even lazy to tell anything. Anyway, here I try: Sandspout is fine, Waterarms needs change (with the ones you critisis), Never tried Flight, nothing i have to say Surge, you can always change air particles thay would allow u to turn off particles for players in options menu, watermanipulation is fine, lightning - dunno.

jedk1

Here's the best advice for all of this. If you don't like the new features, guess what! You don't have to use them! That's why there's a config option for it! If you want to use the new ones, then great! Just leave the config as it is :D. And @runefist you said about how laggy and un-optimized it is, well, you are a coder like you said, why don't you fix them and make a PR? I'm sure someone of your coding level could easily do this :D.

runefist

Verified Member
Im lazy to read through all this replies and im even lazy to tell anything. Anyway, here I try: Sandspout is fine, Waterarms needs change (with the ones you critisis), Never tried Flight, nothing i have to say Surge, you can always change air particles thay would allow u to turn off particles for players in options menu, watermanipulation is fine, lightning - dunno.
Here's the best advice for all of this. If you don't like the new features, guess what! You don't have to use them! That's why there's a config option for it! If you want to use the new ones, then great! Just leave the config as it is :D. And @runefist you said about how laggy and un-optimized it is, well, you are a coder like you said, why don't you fix them and make a PR? I'm sure someone of your coding level could easily do this :D.
Turning off particles won't work, the calculation of how it is done now is absurd.
No I am not gonna make my own version, I could, and no I am not hating, and I am also not making any PR's anymore, PK can do it themselves, I told you where the lag came from, now it is your call to fix that shit.
This post was originally to tell the coders they should have priorities in FIXING the lag, and aiming for gameplay, instead of creating custom moves that fuck up other servers...
Srrsly I also tried to fuck up servers by gaining their trust and then fuck up, this was 2 years ago, I grew up, so should some of the PK staff.

Last edited:

jedk1

Turning off particles won't work, the calculation of how it is done now is absurd.
No I am not gonna make my own version, I could, and no I am not hating.
This post was originally to tell the coders they should have priorities in FIXING the lag, and aiming for gameplay, instead of creating custom moves that fuck up other servers...
Srrsly I also tried to fuck up servers by gaining their trust and then fuck up, this was 2 years ago, I grew up, so should some of the PK staff.
So although you could fork the pk branch, and fix the lag issues, you choose not to because...?

Hero

Verified Member
@runefist I totally feel you. I recently was demoted as Admin from a bending server. I eventually quit because I put so much effort when it was not appreciated. I still feel like every game is bound to have problems and not everyone is going to love certain features. The thing I don't understand is, why does everyone have so much high expectations from PK. Its like everyone will hate unless they have it their way. Hello people, that's why there's configs.
They are mad because they want to original TLA plugin back.

Zafkiel

Verified Member
No I am not gonna make my own version, I could, and no I am not hating, and I am also not making any PR's anymore, PK can do it themselves, I told you where the lag came from, now it is your call to fix that shit.
Man, with all my respect I would like to tell you that I'm sure PK's devs got your message and that It'll be their choice to ignore it or not. But I don't really see how it can be your problem you are a handsome dev I'm sure it would be easy for you to lower the amount of particles in some move. And I'm sure that instead of beginning a war (which I know wasn't your intentions) you could have simply write a suggestion like : "Better configuration of the amount of particles"

Hero

Verified Member
If you're not still mad about being fired, then why do you always mention the fact you were fired as if that will change how we view you? When I saw you in Nov. of 2014, I didnt have many strong feelings towards you. Now, I think you just lost the respect of PK for starting an immature hate thread. And before you start going "This isnt a hate thread", answer me this: Why didnt you suggest it in CORE?

Majorite

Verified Member
There are a lot of bugs in PK that need to be fixed, but with speaking from experience as a CD, that's not what the majority of the community wants. Many people just want new moves, and if a beta update is just bug fixes, they sometimes get angry. They suggest new abilities and steer away from showing the staff bugs in the current abilities. It makes it so the devs have to focus on different things rather than bug fixes.
I know this thread addresses some bugs, but it does it in a very hateful manner. It was kinda shady.

Loony

Verified Member
There are a lot of bugs in PK that need to be fixed, but with speaking from experience as a CD, that's not what the majority of the community wants. Many people just want new moves, and if a beta update is just bug fixes, they sometimes get angry. They suggest new abilities and steer away from showing the staff bugs in the current abilities. It makes it so the devs have to focus on different things rather than bug fixes.
I know this thread addresses some bugs, but it does it in a very hateful manner. It was kinda shady.
Actually, if you noticed we've been fixing bugs a lot often including bugs that have existed since the original plugin. I bug devs a ton about bugs so, they won't get forgotten about don't worry about that. :>

Daddy Sakurai

Verified Member
Staff is too sensitive.
Every person on this site is a weaboo.
Omni is the only good staff member.
Vidcom is too sensitive.
You are all weebs.
Mist is gone.
Orion is better.
None of you are good at bending.
None of you are cool (except you omni ;))
Won't add poison bending.
Won't add dragon riding
Won't add good moves
Won't fix chi
Ruined all the other elements
Ruined the bending plugin in general
Ruined my life.
Ruined Mist's life.
Server is racist as hell

HydroMan

Verified Member
It helped me. If you don't like them, go and highly just for the config option to reduce particles.

Zeref

Verified Member
If you're not still mad about being fired, then why do you always mention the fact you were fired as if that will change how we view you? When I saw you in Nov. of 2014, I didnt have many strong feelings towards you. Now, I think you just lost the respect of PK for starting an immature hate thread. And before you start going "This isnt a hate thread", answer me this: Why didnt you suggest it in CORE?
This isn't a hate thread we are just saying what we think, when you say ''lost the respect of pk'' are you talking about your group or all the pk community?

Status
Not open for further replies.